AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Silverado camera callibration

Notice on the new windshield says "calibration required for all cameras"-is this an easy step or require dealer assistance?

Re: New Silverado camera callibration

Nothing... huh. Messaged my buddy at the dealership. I'll try to enlighten the group later. On the other new vehicles I have done I have never seen this sticker or had any issues with any cameras to date. Maybe it's just the MFG covering their butt?

Since there is a notice attached to the windshield, I would recommend that you c.y.a and send it to a dealer to have it "Officially" calibrated.

This will undoubtedly become even more important with the roll out of self driving cars.

Talked to my friend in the dealership and he says there shouldn't be anything to worry about on these. If there ever is an issue, the vehicles will need to go to the dealership since it is a software fix that is needed. Just removing and replacing the cameras on the bracket should not change anything as far as he could tell...

Safelite tells people up front they are responsible (they being the customer) not Safelite.

I have done some research on this subject, most GM models do not require calibration of the system if only replacing the windshield. As long as the camera is not unplugged it should work fine. ALL DATA is a good source of information.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com