AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tranist vans I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!

Why in the hell do I need a secret decoder ring to figure out what roof is what??? I am sick of calling the dealer to get the oem part # then wandering around looking for them, can't stand these POS's

end rant

Re: Tranist vans I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!

Larry,

Yes, the manufacturers do a very poor job at recording and providing data on their vehicles. As you saw in the material I provided yesterday, even the manufacturer sticker and vehicle record contradicted one another. To make matters worse, when all they say is "high roof" and there are two measurements that could be assigned to the term, it clouds the part selection even more. OE Part Verify has to take all of these factors into account when obtaining the right OEM part number. Once that happens, converting it to the NAGS number isn't always easy either when NAGS doesn't have the OEM part number to correspond. Good times.

Hopefully what I provided helped.

Haven't had to mess with these yet. Sounds like fun.

AGN

Isn't the part number on the glass like most Carlite glass?

Doug - Nope

Gary - Completely wrong part

It ended up being a low roof van, it needed a DW2007 but a certain distributor who I will not mention dropped the ball (or the windshield) in getting me the part, I had to do something I do not like to do and use a alternate windshield... and glue a button on and minus a feature... Makes me sick!!! I hate doing stuff like this, but what am i supposed to do wait 2 weeks for a windshield they could not wait that long!!!

The most BIZZARE thing about these (DW2007) is the piece of crap has a spot for a lane departure, but it is not even the windshield for the lane departure???? WTF why even put the hole in the windshield??????? The windshield for the Lane Departure is a totally different windshield with a different frit. So frustrating!!!!

ek4b-v03100-c was part # on windshield...

the correct part was... EK4Z 5403100 C

so WHo the Hell knows is the 03100-c the tell tale #

ERRRRRRGgg

And F'n car fax does not identify the roof height....

stupid **** vehicle

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com