AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Flat glass quoting

I have always quoted by square footage.Where i am now wants to do it another way.Is there another viable way to do it?They want to do it materials plus labor to cut and edge the glass.Never did it this way after almost 40 years.
So i guess i would like to know how everyone here does it.
Square foot or parts and labor?

Re: Flat glass quoting

I have been charging by the sq. ft. for 30 plus years and I adjust the price per sq. ft. depending on high polished edges for doors or just for a regular shape and sand. And of course labor charge if installation is needed

Been doing flat for many years. Have always charged by the square ft for cutting then add labor for seaming and installing or anything extra. So to answer the question I do BOTH. Makes the most cents for me.... pun intended.

Like i said,i have been doing it that way for years.
Was hoping for more answers. Trying to show him that it is NOT just"my way" of pricing.

We've charged by the square foot for over 30 years.

Per square foot on glass. Per inch for seamed, polished, beveled edges. Charge per radius corner, holes, notches, patterns, etc. Charge for installation. That's the way we've been doing business for 45 years.

Sorry guys.Evidently "our" way is not the right way.Even if the industry has done it this way for eons.For the life of me i cannot figure out how he does his quoting.I do want to thank the posters who posted,except it wasn't enough to persuade him.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com