AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sgc glass replacement rate

Has anything changed. I know they used to laugh at the ins companies that this glass had a 2 yr life. Either the mirror bracket failure. Stress crack or simple fit issues. Those dumb insurance companies still recommend it and pay twice as much in the long run.

Re: Sgc glass replacement rate

Or could it be that the insurers have found a willing accomplice representing less than 20% of the service providers to corral at least 95% of the remaining service providers and to ride heard on them in order to maintain and depress prices?

Can anyone explain how consumers benefit when any saving as a result of the above mentioned scheme stay with the insurers?

The only remaining glass plant in NC, produces a great product. Not had any issues.

Truth
Has anything changed. I know they used to laugh at the ins companies that this glass had a 2 yr life. Either the mirror bracket failure. Stress crack or simple fit issues. Those dumb insurance companies still recommend it and pay twice as much in the long run.

IT IS A GREAT PRODUCT FOR THE MANUFACTURER, THE LAMI IS OF HIGH QUALITY AND BOUGHT AT A GREAT RATE DUE TO IT BEING OVER STOCK AND EXPIRED DATE ( NEW WINDSHIELD IS ACTUALLY BRITTLE LIKE A USED PIECE WITH YEARS OF EXPOSURE). THE MIRROR BRACKET FALLS OFF WITH A PIECE OF GLASS BECAUSE THEY ARE INSTRUCTED TO MARK THE GLASS WHILE STILL WARM AT THE POINT WHERE THE BRACKET WILL ATTACH ( INTENTIONALLY MAKING IT WEAK AND WELCOMING FAILURE). I HOPE THIS WILL EXPLAIN WHY THIS GLASS IS SUB STANDARD BUT IS MADE THAT WAY ON PURPOSE TO INCREASE SALES AND PROFIT.

I DIDN'T MAKE THIS UP, I WAS TOLD THIS BY SOMEONE THAT WOULD KNOW, A FEW YEARS AGO.

SGC glass failure rate will never come to light because the people who track all this info are guess who?

I agree that SL quality is sub standard.Way back in mid 70's there glass was hardly useable the ford shields had more curve and i had to build up 3/4 "sealant over butyl and gently press down while snapping on chrome.They look like they fit better now,but thru the years I was tempted to buy them because of price, while I was still in thinking mode I would have to replace a previously installed SL shield with a stress crack Ins. job of course, this happened several times.If those were my stress cracks they would have held my hand to the fire while SL just installs new one and rebills.The last SL shield I replaced was a 1341 as I pushed out near top while cutting corner with express i crushed it, looked like soft ball hit from inside.I hope I never have to scim that close to the bottom to make a living.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com