AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kia / Hyundai Rant

Not sure how many are you are dealing with these 15 and 16 Kia's it is virtually impossible to get a windshield for them even from the dealer, or the factory. Kia brags about how many cars they are pumping out a day, but what they neglect to tell you is good luck getting parts for them, no parts they just are not out there! They are all on the assembly line. I have been having to buy my 14/15 Kia Soul & 16 Kia Sorrento - Forget about getting any glass for this car.. bunch of crap my glass was supposed to come in for the 16 Sorrento today, they pulled the order to fill a lemon law car. Now I am going to have to put a windshield in that was not in the build to get this car back on the road and making money!! The dealer tells me that he has a guy with a back glass out in one and they told him 3 months till he can get a glass!!

Why is no one making these shields in the AM?? Buying $600 windshields twice a week from Safelite is getting old, you would think some one would pick up on this and start making these...

FW4049 - same issue Only SL has
FW4050 - same only safelite has
FW4085 - No one has anywhere.. but dealer
FW4084 - atm no one has but dealer...

Why cant GB do a story on this , something that is the core of our business, getting the **** parts to do the job...

Re: Kia / Hyundai Rant

Safelite must be buying the patent for them, cause i have the same issue with certain parts. Basically if safelite is the only one who has the part, i'm not getting the job bc they're pricing is absolutely horrible. I feel like joe cool off the street buys at a better discount then me.

Re: Kia / Hyundai Rant

AGD
Safelite must be buying the patent for them, cause i have the same issue with certain parts. Basically if safelite is the only one who has the part, i'm not getting the job bc they're pricing is absolutely horrible. I feel like joe cool off the street buys at a better discount then me.

The Saflelite I am getting is OEM... except the last 4049 i got was APT... every other part has been a logo part.

if you catch it at the right time safelite has a brand of 3844 GBN CHEAP like 1/5 of the normal price, but they sporatically have them..

I do not have any choice but to get them from them I have a rental fleet we service and they can't afford down time...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com