AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
save ws on 14 expedition

trying to save ws on 14 expedition.. was never taught any suggestions
no I wont look for another job just learning the trade

Re: save ws on 14 expedition

Use a wire cutout tool or express from the inside. Be careful to keep the express away from the glass and use plenty of water and do not force anything.

Its to tight they push it to the body lots of luck.

According to the Ford Motor Company general repair manual, All bonded glass on any Ford vehicle made as of 2013 should not be reused. They are to be taken out, discarded and replaced with a new glass. Now I'm sure that the body shops and the insurance companies won't be too thrilled with this, but that's what Ford says. After all aren't we supposed to follow OEM recommended procedures?

I would use a BTB tool, but since I bet you have no clue what that is most likely, use a fein knife... it is the same basic design as a DW1256.. If you do decide to go the express knife route VS wire flip your blade so it is cutting away from the glass. We always tape the inside of the glass as not to damage it. But at the end of the day the windshield is pretty cheap I would just get a new one... just my 2 cents..

These are generally slammed to the body and hard to cut out without it going snap, crackle, pop. A wire tool or an extractor are definitely your best bets, but I'd have a new glass on hand and be prepared to use it. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find one that has more than an eight of an inch of 'thane between the body and glass. Those are good days, but are few and far between on most Ford truck models.

AGN

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com