AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thinking about hanging it up...

So after nearly a decade as an independent and fifteen years as a technician I'm thinking about hanging it up. My youngest will be starting kindergarten in a few weeks so I won't need to be home with the kids while my wife is on shift (she's a sheriff's deputy) and I'm quite frankly ready for a new challenge. As an independent I feel like I've worn about every hat there is to wear in the industry and would make for a very knowledgeable team player in a sales, quality assurance, or managerial role. What's the job market like fore old glass guys these days?

AGN

Re: Thinking about hanging it up...

Tough decision i hope it all goes well for you.

AGN
So after nearly a decade as an independent and fifteen years as a technician I'm thinking about hanging it up. My youngest will be starting kindergarten in a few weeks so I won't need to be home with the kids while my wife is on shift (she's a sheriff's deputy) and I'm quite frankly ready for a new challenge. As an independent I feel like I've worn about every hat there is to wear in the industry and would make for a very knowledgeable team player in a sales, quality assurance, or managerial role. What's the job market like fore old glass guys these days?

AGN

Move you live in a tiny town over run by foreign owned companies

True. Competition around here has become insane over the last few years.

AGN

Gimme your Mygrant Credit :) i will put it to good use :) and buy bottle of resin

Been there done that after 20 yrs. owning and close to 30 yrs installing,I went in completely different direction. I chose sales I found that was my true calling, had I stuck with it when I was younger. Anyway the corporate scene is 180" from owning your own biz your co-workers khow how to manuver, kiss butt when needed and are far more resillent to humiliation that you get from time to time in corporate.The freedom you lose will be more painful than you think, so my advice would be to customize your client list and set a criteria for scheduling that works for you and keep on trucking, its brutal working for the man.

Alas poor Yore we knew him......

Best of luck!!

I am interested in a sales Rep.

This would be a good opportunity for someone that would like to from home.

we have been in business for over 20yrs. and continuously growing.

This could be a 6 figure income for the right person.

A at home job???

What I'd really like to get into is Auto Damage Adjusting on the insurance side of things.

:::ducks as a rotten tomato flies by:::

Having run my own shop, I'm used to working up estimates using various types of software and I feel like the gap between what I currently know and what I would need to learn would be relatively small. Anyone have any contacts in the human resources side of that industry?

AGN

Gary Hart does..

AGN
What I'd really like to get into is Auto Damage Adjusting on the insurance side of things.

:::ducks as a rotten tomato flies by:::

Having run my own shop, I'm used to working up estimates using various types of software and I feel like the gap between what I currently know and what I would need to learn would be relatively small. Anyone have any contacts in the human resources side of that industry?

AGN

It's not hard but you will go a few years before making any real money.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com