AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
IGA MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL

I was sent a renewal notice via email is this still alive?

I see Gary hart is no longer so is it still making any progress in the

Industry or am I just donating to get another decal for my car?

Re: IGA MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL

Dont even waste your money! the IGA is like the local chamber of commerce. Just makes you feel good your part of it. But in reality ask your self? What do they do for you?

Dude they will give me a decal for my car LMFAO

Yeah just make your own cheaper lol

Classic examples of shops who expect others to fight for them. Simply pay my dues, and the association owes me. Like it or not, joining the association makes you a member of a team.
As a team member there are responsibilities that go along with it, unfathomable to most as we see here, these posts are a microcosm of the problems we encounter as an industry. There is an inability to stand shoulder to shoulder on any issue, we at present, are unable to go toe to toe with multiple threats to this industry. This does not mean we cannot win, it just demonstrates the distance we need to travel. WE all know WE are in the right, WE will not win if we do not fight. You are not paying dues to let others carry the fight. It all starts with leadership, from each and every member to the director of the association, don't pay your dues and expect to push the auto-pilot button. Nobody promised you it would be easy, and really who wants easy? Easy is for deadbeats, chances are there are very few deadbeats installing glass.

I'm afraid I knew too many deadbeats installing glass.

I'm not talking about individual installers, what i'm referencing is the ownership component. There may exist some deadbeat owners, but i suspect them to be in the minority.

I was actually referring to the "ownership component", microcosm. You are naive.

I am not part of IGA and dont need a team to help me fight. I take matters on my own and see results. Ask your self. What have they done for you that is worth your renewal?? Dont worry ill wait..... Exactly! Nothing! i rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies. Just my opinion!

Yes, naive, driven by ideals, maybe...

Those who are here for more than a paycheck can see a fight worth winning. A fight worth participating in, not just for the individual, for the industry. Expecting comprehension of such a concept from a wage earner...beyond hopeless.

Let us enjoy the fruits of your past vision and leadership, which is exactly where we are today...
Not a path I wish to continue on...

One would think if you are retired, a certain amount of wisdom accompanies your age, obviously that is not a given.... Welcome your wisdom, but not if we are to continue down the path your working days delivered.....

Cue the definition of insanity....

autoglassses, here's a quote for you."Don't stop him! Anyone who is not against you is for you."

You have the freedom to join or not join, please provide your recitation on the damage IGA has done to you personally. Congratulations on starting your own business and billing direct, more shops need to learn from you. IGA has a history of questionable decisions, but IGA also has a part to play... A trident has more than one tine.

The IGA is alive and well and working hard for all independent glass retailers in North America and around the world. The IGA membership, along with its board of directors, has a lot of ongoing initiatives coupled with member benefits that are making a big difference.

By the posts here on this forum, there is some expectation that the IGA is to have some presence in regularly posting on this forum. The IGA has its own forum that it and its members spend time participating in discussion on. Participating in discussions in two different places is not good time management for the association management. Anyone in the industry is free to participate on the other forum although it will require you to register unlike here.

Your decision to be a member of the IGA is entirely up to each and every one of you based on your commitment to participate in the outcome of your own future. Membership in the IGA serves as an effective marketing tool. It indicates your professional commitment to potential clients and reassures them of your competency and willingness to stay informed of the latest developments in the industry.

Through round table discussions and the IGA member forums, you get to network with others in your industry that can help you stay current on trends, developments, new products, vendors and potential opportunities to enhance your bottom-line.

IGA members also enjoy benefits such as OE Part Verify that allows shops to see what glass parts or features vehicles have. Another benefit is SwiftVIN which allows shops to enter a license plate number and get back the VIN and vehicle details. There are numerous other benefits beyond these that allow member shops to operate efficiently and economically.

The IGA understands that not everyone in the industry is going to value the benefits of membership and there is nothing wrong with that. For those that value networking, camaraderie, volunteerism, continuing education, and everything that goes with being part of an association, then joining the IGA is for you.

Whatever your choices are, the IGA wishes everyone to reap the rewards of hard work and dedication in the automotive glass repair and replacement industry.

Not sure who changed the stupid Light house logo on IGA but looks MUCH better.

Larry

autoglasses
Dont even waste your money! the IGA is like the local chamber of commerce. Just makes you feel good your part of it. But in reality ask your self? What do they do for you?

The local Chamber of Commerce is probably your best bet to get business silly. But you can't just join & then not go to meetings. At he meetings you establish a one on one relationship with the people who own the businesses in your area. If their glass breaks or someone they know has a broken glass whose name do you think will come to their mind? I agree on the IGA but you are wrong on the Chamber.

I have to agree with Sglass. When I moved from a metro area to a rural area the first thing I did was to not just join the local chamber but became a Board member. Stayed on for 3 years. I got involved with EVERYTHING in my new community. It was BY FAR the best advertising I could have EVER done. I ranked first in all surveys for customer awareness for ALL businesses in my area. The amount of work I have generated from my participation and affiliation with my local chamber has FAR outdone any and all advertising.

Sglass you have it right! Those who have no clue well, will always have no clue! Some have no idea how to MARKET their business. I could teach you more in 1 week than you could learn in years....... NO DOUBT!

Sglass
autoglasses

The local Chamber of Commerce is probably your best bet to get business silly. But you can't just join & then not go to meetings. At he meetings you establish a one on one relationship with the people who own the businesses in your area. If their glass breaks or someone they know has a broken glass whose name do you think will come to their mind? I agree on the IGA but you are wrong on the Chamber.

Well let me take that back. Well atleast in my area,i am in Southwest Florida. I was also part of a BNI group. Worked ok i have used different forms of advertising that work better for me. But that being said its just my opinion. You do what you want with your money.

BNI was crap, at least the one we were in and YES we went to all the meetings.

Who takes the time to watch the direction the IGA is headed? It has one avenue it appears to be chasing, technology. The latest ad expects shops that pay 25 bucks per call to become more profitable. We introduce 3rd party scheduling, as if 3rd party billing wasn't enough. Seriously,
who dreams this stuff up, outsource your phone answering and make more money. haha. With the current direction of the IGA every shop is going to need that bigger watermelon truck.

$25 a call ??

The Always Open program allows shops to have an after/during hours call center answer their calls, provide quotes, and even schedule jobs. As part of this service, shops can opt to have the call center setup the claim with the insurance company, or their administrator, and order parts for $28 per call.

Not sure were the other poster got $25 from and if they even took the time to really read the Always Open service page on the IGA website.

Just wanted to make sure the facts are presented properly. This is one of the reasons you don't see the IGA posting a lot here.

When we ran a seperate call center we charged $19, so $28 is not bad for 24/7 People do not realize people need a glass quote at 2am, just like online quotes they live in the past. The need to read the book the Present, written by the who moved my cheese guy.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com