AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
self driving cars

I remember decades ago when the Atlanta airport first installed automatic trains that connected the terminals. A computerized non-human voice sounding like it came from a tin can would announce:The-train-is-about-to-depart-and-the first-stop-will-be etc. etc. The voice required some sophisticated technology but the whole idea was completely devoid of common sense!! Someone eventually realized what was not especially rocket science: record a human voice saying the train is about to depart and have the computer play that phrase at the appropriate time. Then have the computer play another phrase recorded by a human at the appropriate time: The next stop is terminal two for United Airlines etc. etc. etc.

So we may have self driving cars sometime in the not too distant future. Okay. SO GLASS IS GOING TO DISAPPEAR??????????????????????????????????

When I am NOT doing the driving myself like in a cab, bus, train, or plane, I nevertheless look out the window. I LIKE TO LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!!!!! So suddenly if self driving cars become popular I will now want to feel like I'm in a closed coffin???? What the hell has the car being self driving necessarily got to do with the elimination of glass??????

Engineers, designers, techies---------stop just thinking technical and throw in a little common sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: self driving cars

I wonder if they could be considered a designated driver !?!

Re: self driving cars

You were a little long winded, Steve, but you make an interesting point.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com