AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DD8289GTY Astrovan Door Glass

First one I ever ran into and it kicked my butt today!

Non power, scissor style regulator with twin roller arms. Glass came with metal run. Went to drop glass in and found no real ability to create space. I pulled the forward lower glass run and dropped the glass in. I could not get both rollers into the bonded glass run. Chevy welds the run for the third arm of the regulator so I could not disengage that. I thought about in desperation of drilling out the regulator rivets so I could move that enough to engage the glass run however I would have to drill out the lock actuator as well and despite the fact that GM engineers are as anal as they come,I could not see that as a solution.
After a long fight I got it to work and I admit I'm not real proud of my solution.

I really expected a very simple install and simply for me, it wasn't. I will take the expected abuse from here but I really want to know, what did I miss about this install? It's a darn Astrovan not a Bentley. There has to be a fairly simple method to replace this bonded part. I thought I was a pro but this one caused my cherry to grow back

Re: DD8289GTY Astrovan Door Glass

really easy did lots of these door. the trick is slide the glass behind the front channel frame,the part that is welded to the door.remove the front channel. install the front roller first. my english its not that good but if you see how i install it. its really easy. take me 5-mint. to slide it in. back in the days i use to go to pick&pull take these door out all the time.

Man you need to learn how to install glass

Nin, thanks for your response. That was the only logical method I saw. However my aftermarket bonded part perhaps had the rail set too far back. Once I had the front roller in and pushed as far forward as possible, the back roller could not clear the end of the rail. Since I can probably have only done 5 of these in over 25 years and the last one over 10 yeas ago, I wasn't thinking the part itself may have been the issue until your post.

As for ?'s insightful remarks, Upgrade your social skills. It must hurt dragging your knuckles while you walk

I agree gravy job, i usually drop both front & back bars... the S10 is a bit goofy like this also if you never did one befor you might flip out...

Larry

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com