AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GTS - Your killing me today!!!

I guess today is cut over day for all the people who jacked around to the last minute, that are using hosted GTS , naturally i spent 30 minutes this am in multiple browsers before I finally got on ( yes i have been using the new system for awhile). Not to mention i called to complain and they want $200 an hour (outside of normal hours charge). My thought would be, is that if you are going to do such a major migration you should have someone there to take calls from us Right coast people that are up at 7 am working.

Larry

Re: GTS - Your killing me today!!!

I dont think they want customers. I went through that when they first started their online account. cost me a boatload of money (which they never refunded!) and took them over 6 months to try and fix the problem. never did get it fixed. went back to the old. Is there a better system out there would like to know.

What are you using now Henry? We are using GTS, was not my choice I took over company that was using it, i do like the mobile dispatch feature, and a few other minor things. Overall the most user friendly thing I used was ELMO not even sure they are in business, I tried EVERYTHING out there. and do not even get me started on what happened the 1st time i tried to use GTS.... but been on it for more than a year and over all I am growing to like it... but it is not cheap!!!

And under the new owners, they are making changes that I do like....

Larry

I have gts but it is the non internet - its GlasPactX. I would like to have the web based but tired of putting money into their program. Like I said I put A LOT of money into the web based. a few yr back when they first came out. They took 6 months to try and get it fixed. I had Quest 20 yrs ago. I believe they are now web base however, all my info is in the gts program, so I feel I'm stuck.

The Elmo people have a way to convert your data into thier POS... Just saying.. We use the "Hosted" gts, which cost like $60 or $80 a month personally i think its stupid and we should host it on our own server. However with that being said it's easy because its with them already..

i would reach out to other providers ask about importing your data...

Larry

I looked at online Glaspac a few years ago when our server needed more ram, and had to go to windows server 2008 since the old windows server 2003 would only work with 4GB.
The online price is ridiculous. I could buy a new server every three years for how much more they charge for the online version vs. the local version. I do not understand the online pricing structure at all.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com