AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need some tips for installing 1967 Ford Galaxie ws

I've done some older vehicles but not a galaxie yet. It's a 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible. Does anyone know how to remover the mouldings and wether it's a glue in or rubber set? Any tips or words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need some tips for installing 1967 Ford Galaxie ws

Original was butyl set. W/strips where vent assembly seals at a pillar come off(may need new ones), screws under it hold the retainer and usually more screws under it that hold the side a pillar mld. Pull cowl lower mlds have screws across bottom. Pull interior upper mlds to access T-Bolts holding the upper outer mlds. Not hard just time consuming. HTH

Ok great. Thanks for the help! One more question, any suggestions on transferring the rear view mirror? The button on the new glass has a ball on it. Makes me think it's a ball-socket connection? Any tips would be great. Going out tomorrow morning for the replacement.

There is a Phillips set screw on the mirror itself. Kind of a wedge set up. Loosen the screw about 8 turns and the mirror should come off without much effort. Reinstall with a little push to get onto the ball and tighten accordingly. Be thankful you have a quality part that has the proper attachment. BS aftermarket parts generally don't have them. Good luck to you.

Great, thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

I'm sure I'll figure it out once I lay eyes onto it but the side vents Lee mentions with a seal that may need replacing. Im having a hard time imagining what exactly that is. Could you elaborate more on this?

If my memory is working, the weatherstrips he mentioned are on the A-Post.

Have fun going mobile!

Sir Hacks a Lot
Have fun going mobile!

Wouldn't have it any other way.

I guess if I was inside my shop, the fact of having a roof over my head would allow the glass gods to empower me with all the knowledge I could ask for. At least, maybe that's what your insinuating? (That was a rhetorical question).

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com