AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is FYG OEM on Toyota in the U.S.

Does anybody know which vehicles are using FY glass as an OEM supplier in the United States?

Re: Is FYG OEM on Toyota in the U.S.

Just repaired a chip in a 2013 Tundra. It was an OE 904.

DRGLASS
Does anybody know which vehicles are using FY glass as an OEM supplier in the United States?

Your best bet is to go to a large Toyota dealer and walk the lot. You can see a lot of things you would not normally see, before someone brings you a car to repair.

GM Vehicles are mostly FYG.

I saw a $56K Dodge Challenger with Mopar, made by FYG, quarter glasses.

I know that all the glass on the Chevy Cruise is FY. I'm sure it's used on other GM vehicles as well.

Prepare to see a lot more OEM FYG as its new American plants come online. GM has used FYG for a few years. In fact GM named them as a valued vendor as GM market share grew in China and politics I'm sure played a role in GM using local suppliers. FYG is no stranger in getting OE contracts so no surprises will be had if they show up in Chrysler, Toyota or other car manufacturers building cars here in the US.
FYG is found in VW as well as many other manufacturers. I was very disappointed when I bought an aftermarket FYG to install for a friend's GTI. The cowl hardware was flimsy and poorly attached unlike its OEM counterpart.

It is going to be interesting to see what will happen to our aftermarket AGR products when FYG is in full production. Will Pilk improve its Q/C at its Mexican plant (because it stinks now) to compete? What will private equity owned PGW do in response? Sell more plants? Will FYG try or buy its way into the wholesale supply chain via distributorships?

I don't expect any major improvement in our industry. We are still racing to the bottom to provide a mediocre product (at best) for the lowest price

Last week I replaced a windshield in a 2014 Rolls Royce Wraith. It was interesting to discover that the vent windows and quarter windows were 459 manufactured. You will have a hard time convincing me that Rolls is merely shopping for the cheapest vendor and cutting costs. FYG is now exporting jobs TO the USA. They have made great strides in quality over the last 5 years and are now what I consider to be one of the best quality manufacturers out there.

My shop is now buying Audi windshields from the dealer for 2012 and newer bodies and finding them with Audi logos and 459 codes.

Hi Guys,

I think there are too many that we call a frog in the well, which keeps thinking how big the sky it is.

as far as i know about FYG. it sells more than 170 million pieces auto glasses in the world per annum, in which there are more than 150 million pieces are installed on the new car, including 28 million pieces windshields. i am talking about 170,000,000 units sold in a year before Moraine plant start.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com