AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1140 Molding, Made in India?

Recently, I've had a couple of these and the moldings we've gotten said "Made in India". We got 1 from Mygrant and the second from PGW. Please tell me I'm not the only one that found these things to be terrible. They fit the glass, but don't cover the edge for squat!! On the first one, I ended up tucking the molding into the pinchweld all the way around (it was 17 degrees outside and that thing was a long ways from flexible) and the second, I had to tuck in on the bottom just to make it look passable. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Re: 1140 Molding, Made in India?

Captfubar
Recently, I've had a couple of these and the moldings we've gotten said "Made in India". We got 1 from Mygrant and the second from PGW. Please tell me I'm not the only one that found these things to be terrible. They fit the glass, but don't cover the edge for squat!! On the first one, I ended up tucking the molding into the pinchweld all the way around (it was 17 degrees outside and that thing was a long ways from flexible) and the second, I had to tuck in on the bottom just to make it look passable. Has anyone else run into this problem?

OK, "Made in India", but what is the name on the bag?? And is that the only molding made there?

I think Gold gets parts from India

Yes, these are sold as Gold, but we call them Pyrite. That's the way all of our suppliers are getting lots of new Gold moldings now. We used to order Gold specifically if available, but we have begun shopping other brands. And yes, I also ended up tucking the molding in across the bottom as it wasn't wide enough to cover. They have no branding on the package, just Made in India and a part #. Hopefully these are just to cover a short supply, and not their permanent new manufacturer.

how about a comment from Mark Daniels on this?

I have been getting these from Gold for a while now. There are several other parts that are similar. This is a side effect of the push for less expensive parts by customers :(

I've seen a few other moldings as well, and there is no other info than a white sticker with the part number and "Made in India". I hope this isn't going to become a permanent thing. They stink.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com