AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1967 chevy nova

I had one today 1967 hard top 2 door SS windshield dw622 with an aftermarket gasket and a xyg glass (provided by customer). It would not fit well at all seemed like the glass was too big. i checked and that is the correct glass part. Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: 1967 chevy nova

1st, brand.

2nd, gasket.

We tell customers if they bring in the parts and they don't fit right its on them ....Take your own eggs and bacon to a restaurant have them cook it and see how it tastes....

Yeah i get what you are saying, its the correct part according to mygrant and all other vendors. I would really like to help the customer out thats why i ask.

We do a lot of older cars and get into a lot of odd situations. What we do in a situation like this is use setting blocks to check the fit of the glass. These are 1 inch pieces of old w/stripping with the flap that sits on the outside of the glass trimmed off. 2 on top 2 on bottom 1 each side. This lets you check the fit of the glass and see if you have to grind anything down. Most rubber sets are a + 1/16 to an 1/8 bigger than the opening so if you don't have an old w/strip you can use something similar to check the fit.
As far a w/strips go most of the Taiwanese crap is junk. We have even had problems with Steele parts and have had repro windshields too big. It's a crap shoot and we haven't been into many Novas with problems. Something like this should go right in without any problems. Put w/strip on glass install moldings and rope in. HTH

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com