AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Competative Bid

After years of paying my invoices in full an insurance company is now paying based on a "competitive bid process". So WHAT TRUMPS WHAT? Can they legally pay a claim based on this process AFTER the work is done and they receive my invoice? OR, Do I have the right to charge fairly before I receive any communication from said company.

I am not a member of any network. The claim was reported to the network but I did not talk to them. The insurance company said even though I did not reject or accept the pricing from the network that the pricing applies regardless.

What is your opinion.

Re: Competative Bid

You ha e the right to arbitrate or take them to small claims court. They are just trying to bully you. I'll bet it's State Farm!

I could be a question of how your state laws are written with regards to insurance claims and payments. Check your state's insurance commissioner's office or with an attorney familiar with this.

JUNIOR
After years of paying my invoices in full an insurance company is now paying based on a "competitive bid process". So WHAT TRUMPS WHAT? Can they legally pay a claim based on this process AFTER the work is done and they receive my invoice? OR, Do I have the right to charge fairly before I receive any communication from said company.

I am not a member of any network. The claim was reported to the network but I did not talk to them. The insurance company said even though I did not reject or accept the pricing from the network that the pricing applies regardless.

What is your opinion.

What state is involved? What insurance company is involved? Was it a repair or a replacement? What was your agreement with your customer the vehicle owner?
Have the insurance company cite where it says in the policy that they haven't agreed to pay a reasonable invoice. If you didn't get a post loss assignment of proceeds, you may have to collect the short pay from your customer.

Pennsylvania - State Farm - Replacement - The agreement was that they would pay me directly in full like they have for years. One claim was paid to me 3 days before I did the job at the network price. That is a first.

Did the vehicle owner pay you directly or did State Farm pay you directly? I am a little confused. Was the job sub contracted? Were you paid based on an estimate? If you got paid before you did the job, did you contact State Farm and notify them that you would be sending them a higher bill?

We dont belong to any network either, and we get three or four calls a day from LYNX/ State Farm for competitive bid quotes. We stopped offering quotes to them. Waste of time, i figured they were just trying to undercut a shops submitted invoice. Anybody else get these calls?

I don't see how they can legally adjust your price by a "competitive" bid.
Grounds for a legal action.
JMHO

The insurance companies will use abuse their power in order to increase their bottom line. Just because some service providers have capitulated to the insurance company demands doesn't mean that they can legally short pay reasonable invoices. They will try to get you to collect the difference from their insureds thereby making your company the "bad guy" when in reality it is the insurance company that failed to keep their promise. Most consumers are afraid to fight and naively believe what the insurance company claims people tell them.

Unfortunatly, that is why we must get written post-loss assignments of proceeds.

WINDSHIELDS INSTALLED AT OR BELOW COST

Insurance companies and their third party providers are accepting bids to provide auto glass replacement for their policyholders. As a policyholder you may be STEERED to these irresponsible bidders who are generally selected solely on the basis of lowest cost. To compete in this market, these rogue companies often need to compromise the integrity of your vehicle by using inexperienced personnel and/or substandard materials that may void factory warranties and/or cause damage such as rust or water damage.
You have the right and responsibility of choosing the best possible repairers for you and your vehicle. The experience a technician can vary greatly, from 20 days to well over 20 years. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for this time and training.
SAFETY is also a hidden factor that may never be realized except in the event of a crash or rollover. The windshield is now a very important and integral part of your vehicle, preventing injuries under these circumstances.
KNOW YOUR TECHNICIAN and AVOID being STEERED in the direction of self-certified and/or self- referring third party administrators (often 1-800 numbers found on the backs of insurance cards).
Instead seek out technicians that belong to companies whose success depends on reputation and referral. Glass Associations, Mechanics, Local Chambers of Commerce, or Insurance Agents will have experience in selecting a reputable Auto Glass Shop in your area should you need help making this important, responsible choice.
CHOOSE WISELY! This could be a life and death decision.

submitted for your perusal
all rights reserved
-howie

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com