AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DW1105 cloth top

Got a customer with a 97 LeSabre needing a new w/s. The car has a cloth top. So far, all I can figure is it needs to go to have the top removed or pulled back some before I touch it. Any other suggestions? Run like a scalded dog maybe?

Thanks

Re: DW1105 cloth top

IF I remember correctly, I was able to do these without the top shop. Tape and protect the leading edge with tape and finesse out the moulding. Some of us removed the chrome from the vinyl insert. There should be enough room to do this.

Ditto.
No Ooops here...

Yup. Piece of cake.

You guys mean those moldings come OFF?????? These are easier than the DW951.

OG
You guys mean those moldings come OFF?????? These are easier than the DW951.

OR

You could do what you know who does and cut the glass out from the inside, slide it down, goo it up and slide the glass back up. OR, then remove the retainer molding and chrome together since the glass is out of the way and complete the installation. Just need to slip down over the blocks.

Yes the chrome come off, putting it back on takes some finesse!!

I have done many of these where the front the top comes off easily.

Now I remember, It's a Large stitched rib with a long side that slips under the leading edge of the top and is siliconed or adhered under the top. Remove that and you will have plenty of room to remove the moldings and windshield

Why were Larry's responses removed?????????????????

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com