AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gary Harts Open Claims Program Launch

Gary, was checking to see if you have launched this yet or are preparing to since the last time I read something about this new program was several months ago.
At that time you said you would be doing something by the end of the 1st quarter, are you still on schedule.

Re: Gary Harts Open Claims Program Launch

HMMM?

I am also wondering what happened to this save the industry program.
There was little talk about this back months ago and since then SILENCE.
I think Gary got in over his head with this since there is absolute SILENCE
now. Very few jumped in on the band wagon back when he first started
introducing this.
YO Gary anything happening with this yet the clock is ticking less then a month before 1st quarter is over with.

I believe everyone that has any brains will of by now figured out how to
BILL DIRECT anyhow. I have and feel there is no real need for a program like this when you can do it yourself.

OCP is still ongoing and will launch with the first carrier very soon. While ACD Corp and eDirectGlass are ready, the insurance companies set to launch with OCP are still sorting out the integration that allows shops to electronically complete the notice of loss and obtain an electronic claim number. Historically, these companies have provided static data to administrators so this is a first for them with automotive glass claims.

As with all things in this industry, patience is required. A lot of hard work is going into programs and relationships that take time to nurture but ultimately pay off. Just look at SwiftVIN and OE Part Verify and you can see the massive efforts going on behind the scenes to make things better.

Thank you Gary

The obvious question becomes who gets paid off, shops, insurers, software owners? all the above?

jim
The obvious question becomes who gets paid off, shops, insurers, software owners? all the above?

What do you mean by "who gets paid off"? The service is simple:

1) Insurance companies integrate with the OCP platform.
2) Shops who have claims for said insurance company can electronically report the loss, verify coverage, and obtain claim number.
3) Said shop does the work for the prices they have set.
4) Said shop electronically invoices said insurance company.
5) Insurance company pays shop.
6) Repeat.

Now, if your POS provider charges EDI or claim authorization fees, then that is their deal not anything to do with the OCP. If you are paying EDI fees now, perhaps you should change software vendors.

How would we know we are not sticking our head in the lion's mouth?
Instead of NAGS/insurers using manipulated numbers setting prices, this seems
the first step in another set of numbers to be manipulated, to our detriment.

Maybe its a better mouse trap, but we are still the mice.

Then there is the little detail of contracts between insurer (not contracting for repairs)
and the shop.

Who is the Customer?

Gary any news with the launch?

Any news on the launch?

I sent a message out before and had not heard anything.

Gary are you still around have not seen you post in awhile?

We are new in the industry and saw this post months ago.

Is this program going to be the secret sauce to bypass the

TPA,S?

It is rather troublesome to have to deal with your direct competitor

when filing a glass claim.

It,s like walking into Burger King to by a hamburger but have to tell

McDonalds first so they can make me a better offer.

what the F---K is up with this picture?

I use edirectglass already i am also a new business to me this program is useless. I am not part of any network and i have no trouble getting paid my full billing price. I never deal with SGC it took me some time to figure it out. But trust me there is a way. So long story short. I careless about this program.

Autoglasses are you sending your invoices direct to the ins company claims

dept.?

And what kind of results are you getting many short pays or are they paying you

in full? are they forwarding these invoices on over to snakelite and sphinx

and then you have to deal with the short pays?

Yes i forward all my invoice directly! if they short pay me even better i have my attorney collect the remaining amount plus late fees and i end up winning at the end!

autoglasses
Yes i forward all my invoice directly! if they short pay me even better i have my attorney collect the remaining amount plus late fees and i end up winning at the end!
SOO, WASN'T THIS ABOUT JIMMY HARTS OPEN CLAIMS PROGRAM BROTHER?

AZ GLASS MAN DAN
autoglasses
SOO, WASN'T THIS ABOUT JIMMY HARTS OPEN CLAIMS PROGRAM BROTHER?

Similar but it just seems to be a process, i rather just get the job done a signature and i send the invoice, rather then doing a million steps with emails back and forth just to get an approval. Just my opinion.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com