AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite TV ad

In a current Safelite TV ad, an installer says a family needed to have a windshield replaced but had promised to take their kid to the zoo that day. He says he told them that was no problem because he would go to the zoo and replace the windshield there.

Aw, gosh, kinda gives the TV audience a nice warm fuzzy feeling about the kind-hearted folks at Safelite, don’t it!! The problem is, since he knew ahead of time that the windshield had to be replaced instead of repaired, a smart installer would have said the windshield is part of the structural integrity of a safe vehicle and driving to the zoo with a busted glass could endanger the child and that it would be best if he came right over to their house and replaced it there.

Of course, the general public doesn’t know the danger and apparently Safelite doesn’t think that the insurance executives that they cater to know it either.

Re: Safelite TV ad

Is this what this message board has come to?

Apparently it has. Because a vehicle with a broken windshield SHOULD NOT BE DRIVEN ON THE ROAD...... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......... DONT DO IT!!!!!!! YOU WILL DIE IMMEDIATELY..........

MORON

Safelite would have a hard time making their schedule fit the scenario. A mobile job set to meet them at the zoo? No way.

maybe with 3 weeks notice.

Heard their domestic sales were down a bit ... maybe not enough zoo appointments.

I want to go to the Daytona 500, come find my car.
Ooops.....

Sure wish my schedule was booked out 3 weeks. Not sure why you say that is a bad thing?

He didn't. Read it again.

If everyone out there would quit paying attention this

and focus more on Marketing you will defeat this company and

have more $$$ in your pocket at the end of the day.

Way to much time is spent by independents worrying about

what their competitors are doing on a daily bases.

Spend quality time on growing your business and quit

wasting time on the small stuff.

Good Luck

Pro Claim Service
If everyone out there would quit paying attention this

and focus more on Marketing you will defeat this company and

have more $$$ in your pocket at the end of the day.

Way to much time is spent by independents worrying about

what their competitors are doing on a daily bases.

Spend quality time on growing your business and quit

wasting time on the small stuff.

Good Luck

Do as I say, not as I do! LOL

XN
then spend your money and put your money where your mouth is and make a better ad.
Good god man, every mobile job done every day was driven from somewhere to be done at office, mall, Zoo.
very few are done at a home, but they didn't break at home and had to be driven there anyway.
its a great ad and you are just a hater.
find something important to do in your life cause this isn't it.

More and more, monkey business everyday

I had a partner about 20 years ago and he always spent more time worrying about what other auto glass companies were doing and the politics and glass associations..We split up 18 years ago and I now have 2 very good shops that do quality work and he is now working as a greens keeper on a golf course...Bottom line worry about you're business not the other guys and do quality work at a fair price not a cheap one...

DRGLASS
I had a partner about 20 years ago and he always spent more time worrying about what other auto glass companies were doing and the politics and glass associations..We split up 18 years ago and I now have 2 very good shops that do quality work and he is now working as a greens keeper on a golf course...Bottom line worry about you're business not the other guys and do quality work at a fair price not a cheap one...

True but don't stick your head in the sand & be oblivious to the industry around you or your competitors will close your doors for you. Your partner wasn't a good example, just a bad business person. Imagine what your business would be like if you were on a level playing field in the industry.

That's the main problem. The playing field is skewed to one side. A majority of glass claims are handled by a glass company. Seems to make it unfair. And let's face it, most people don't know if their windshield was done properly or not as long as it doesn't leak. I've been to lots of cars that were hacked and the customer said, "Thought he did a good job", as I'm grinding rust out or cussing under my breath while I try to get past the 3 tubes of urethane he used on the bottom to cover up his windshield stuffing technique.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com