AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rain sensor not working

Replaced an aftermarket windshield on a 2005 BMW M3. The rain sensor does not work but has power to it. Tried with all windows up, hood closed, and engine running. Does it need to be reprogrammed?

Re: Rain sensor not working

What brand glass did you use. Have had problems with Pilk before with pre mounted sensor

Make sure there are no air bubbles on the pad.
Check to see if the sunshade come down into the area of the rain sensor lens.
Make sure you turned it back on.

pgw glass with pre mounted sensor did not see any air bubbles how do I turn rain sensor on

just wanted to verify how to turn it back on. I did not see any button so I put wiper switch on intermittent position and tried spraying sensor on outside of windshield

I would suggest to check the owners manual, if available, for the correct placement of the switch.
It may need to be calibrated.

May sound crazy but have you checked to make sure that the sensor slot on the window is there. Had a batch of Pilks that failed to place the slot there once. The pre attached sensor was there but not eye for it to see through.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com