AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bob's Blog

In Bob's blog he staes the beginning of "road work" starting around 1973 & I do agree with him. Back then the w/s was not a critical part of the car's structural & safety integrity as it is today. A good job was one that didn't leak. But structural & safety integrity aside, anyone realize this was the beginning of the end for the Nation's independents. The legitimization of "road work" allowed the major companies to reach into areas with no physical presence & grab large portions of market share. This opened the doors for TPAs to start steering work to shops with no physical presence in areas with out the customer realizing they aren't dealing with local merchants. I've said it before and explained why in the past, until Independents stop supporting "we will work in your driveway" thinking, the rope around their neck will just keep getting tighter.

Re: Bob's Blog

Sglass
In Bob's blog he staes the beginning of "road work" starting around 1973 & I do agree with him. Back then the w/s was not a critical part of the car's structural & safety integrity as it is today. A good job was one that didn't leak. But structural & safety integrity aside, anyone realize this was the beginning of the end for the Nation's independents. The legitimization of "road work" allowed the major companies to reach into areas with no physical presence & grab large portions of market share. This opened the doors for TPAs to start steering work to shops with no physical presence in areas with out the customer realizing they aren't dealing with local merchants. I've said it before and explained why in the past, until Independents stop supporting "we will work in your driveway" thinking, the rope around their neck will just keep getting tighter.

You're right Sglass, but keep going. Distill it down even further. The final answer is the data. Without it, nothing else functions. No control over an open marketplace could, or could be, existing, without the control over the data. Then, once one concludes that in this age we are in, that data is money, then, finally, follow the money.

Control of data, is in fact, control of money. Which is in direct conflict with the definition of an open, competitive marketplace.

Think about it, seriously.

JMHNLO

Re: Bob's Blog

Well said

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com