AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Scuff on rubber molding.

We've got a FW3748 with attached molding. Apparently our delivery guy allowed a windshield to scuff the edge of the molding. Anybody know of a way to removes this? I'm afraid to use a light buffer, fearing that I might make it worse.

Re: Scuff on rubber molding.

Try vigorous rubbing with a terry cloth and a little bit of black Kiwi shoe polish/wax, followed by a light coat of Meguiar's Vinyl & Rubber Conditioner.

Or try Forever Black Bumper & Trim

Thanks.

Anderson Windshield Co.
We've got a FW3748 with attached molding. Apparently our delivery guy allowed a windshield to scuff the edge of the molding. Anybody know of a way to removes this? I'm afraid to use a light buffer, fearing that I might make it worse.

When something is wrong, always blame it on the delivery guy!

I was taught to use nose grease. I'm sure I'll get some flack for saying it but it works. Just rub your finger on the side of your nose and then rub the spot with that finger. A lot of times a little oil fixes it.

Anderson Windshield Co.

I saw a guy use MEK Methyl ethyl ketone and it worked. Wipe the moulding with a damp rag of the MEK.

LOL!
Anderson Windshield Co.

When something is wrong, always blame it on the delivery guy!

Yeah, the product delivered is always pristine. And delivery guys are always upfront enough to let you know when they've caused damage. Quality parts and quality drivers are a rare thing due to corporate greed.

My favorite is when they hide big chips on the corners wth orange tip tape.

My peeve is when the customers blame scratches on us when your delivery racks are crammed full of returns because your too lazy to return them on a regular basis.
Then you slide your shield out, scratch the part, and immediately blame it on the distributor.
Or when you call saying the driver didn't leave the part, and you call up crying that you cant find it, in your sea of windshields, an hour later, you DO find it, but don't call back to tell us you did. Yes, that's a good one.
Vertical scratches are common in customer racks, and typically can be avoided if you clean them out once in a while. Give us some room to maneuver, and leave us more that one slot to work with.

Fair enough.

I'll admit that there are drivers that do care, just like there are some of us that take care of our returns daily or at least on a regular basis. It seems that the drivers that do care are held back by the constraints of under-staffed warehouses. I just get very irritated when parts are delivered that are obvious returns from other retail customers (activated glass, clammed glass, distorted/buffed/scratched). I had an Audi TT w/s delivered a while back that had a chip on the exposed edge that someone painted over with primer and called it good.

Right on the money there Delivery Guy! Or the customer that pulls a part from the back/middle of the drop box without emptying the box and wonders how it got all scratched up.

We had a windshield delivered from a supplier with a name similar to Migraine. A heated windshield...delivery guy was kind enough to ask me to look at the windshield before he took it out of the van and ask me if I could use it. I go out and look to see that the wire for the heating element was torn off and gone bye-bye. I refused the part. He and inside people knew BEFORE it left Migraines warehouse that it was defective...inside people told driver to deliver it, that we could still use it. We get on the phone with the office person that handles returns. He offers to sell it to us at 50% off our cost..........Gotta love customer service!

Anderson Windshield Co.

Hey, Anderson Glass, which method have you tried and what has worked. "Inquiring minds" want to know.

Otto,
nothing worked, at least not to bring it up my own expectations. I held the car and put a good one in.
On the delivery issue, let me say that I have a great delivery guy. The glass was in our drop box in the next to the last front slot. The delivery driver forced a bigger and curvy glass into the succeeding slot which caused the scuff on the encap molding behind it. He was the one who notified us of the damage. I was just trying to get the scuff out without doing an exchange. Nothing worked, lesson learned on both sides.

well at least we can rule out the spit shine ;-)

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com