AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cut resistant gloves

What is the best cut resistant glove on the market? I am looking for a glove to help reduce cuts from razor blades.

Re: cut resistant gloves

Rubber covered Kevlar gloves. They're extremely cut and puncture resistant.

I worked for a while at an auto part maker where we fabricated parts from raw steel stock. Almost everything there was razor sharp. The gloves that we used there were made with a Kevlar/Stainless Steel blend.

Obviously Jeff, you never attended; Razor Blade 101. The thinnest side is the sharp side, this is the side that will cut you. What kind of work do you do that requires gloves and razor blades?

How about getting an old fashioned razor blade holder that you used to scrape paint off of window glass? That way they will not hold the actual razor blade in their fingers and then they do not need special gloves. My next question, what exactly are they cutting on a regular basis, where they are snapping razor blades and cutting their fingers?
Ooops...

We have had techs cut themselves using razor blades to remove the stickers from the glass also trimming excess PVB from the edge of windshields. We currently use a Kevlar glove but technicians have cut right through the gloves with the razor blades.

Thank you for the advice I have a company sending me samples that are a Kevlar with a stainless steel fiber blend. I will let you know what the results are once I receive the samples.

Jeff

Jeff olive
We have had techs cut themselves using razor blades to remove the stickers from the glass also trimming excess PVB from the edge of windshields. We currently use a Kevlar glove but technicians have cut right through the gloves with the razor blades.

Thank you for the advice I have a company sending me samples that are a Kevlar with a stainless steel fiber blend. I will let you know what the results are once I receive the samples.
Jeff

Jeff razor blades are basically junk, I do not think I have to explain. Use a utility knife to trim the PVB from the edge of the windshield and put the razor blade in a razor blade holder to remove the stickers, problem solved. If they never hold the plain razor blade in their fingers, except to put it in the holder, you do not need the super gloves to prevent cuts, that is, of course, if you really want them.
Ooops...

Jeff olive

Jeff

Jeff simple solution to the stickers, Use a new blade every time, Use glass cleaner to soften up the sticker first, let it sit for a minute and it comes rite off with 3 swipes of a razor blade. let me guess they are in a hurry the blade catches flips on them and there tip of the index or middle finger keeps getting cut up. Don't worry after the tips of fingers scar up enough they will be cut resistant naturally. As for the PVB use a sticker scraper like they use for inspection stickers. A 5 dollar pack of blades is way cheaper than 5 stiches in the fingers.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com