AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ins.Claim denied

We recently did a RV windshield 2 sides and did not get a approval from

Ins company 1st, Allied Ins is the company. They are denying payment

saying we must get pre approval or they have the right to deny payment.

We did not take photos of damage so we have nothing but a assignment of

benefits on our invoice.

Does anyone know if we can collect. their claims adjuster refuses to pay

on this. Any input would be helpful.

Thank you

Re: Ins.Claim denied

Bill the insured and let the insured deal with the agent.

I have had different companies try this and it does NOT fly. The only way they can deny the claim is if the insured did not have a policy in effect. If the policy is valid, and you have proof of the damages (your invoice), and proof you bought the parts, and did the repairs then Allied would be in "Breach of Contract. and operating in Bad Faith. File for Arbitration of small claims. Add all filing fees, late fees, and costs to collect.

They would have to prove your invoice is fraudulent or it is valid. There are no other ways about it. Send them a registered letter of your intentions to collect, and I bet they settle. If not, follow through and you will get paid. GAME OVER. This is my HNLO

Right Answer
I have had different companies try this and it does NOT fly. The only way they can deny the claim is if the insured did not have a policy in effect. If the policy is valid, and you have proof of the damages (your invoice), and proof you bought the parts, and did the repairs then Allied would be in "Breach of Contract. and operating in Bad Faith. File for Arbitration of small claims. Add all filing fees, late fees, and costs to collect.

They would have to prove your invoice is fraudulent or it is valid. There are no other ways about it. Send them a registered letter of your intentions to collect, and I bet they settle. If not, follow through and you will get paid. GAME OVER. This is my HNLO

Should be file for Arbitration OR small claims court. Whatever you have that serves you best in your state.

Right Answer
Right Answer

Should be file for Arbitration OR small claims court. Whatever you have that serves you best in your state.

WHAT ABOUT ARIZONA, DO YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAWS IN THIS STATE AND HOW TO GO ABOUT THIS HERE. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.

The insurance policy is not on your side.
There is first right of inspection on ALL policys prior to any claim.
It is there trump card

Not getting authorization or having the policy holder file a claim was dumb.
Hopefully you got policy holder to sign they'll pay if insurance doesn't.

What you did looks deceitful to the insurance company.
You should send the bill to the insured if they don't pay
Go to their house start taking out your glass.
They will pay then, the insured has a better chance of getting reimbursed than you.
If you like a long drawnout flights you can go to court with this and you probably lose.

In certain states. Once you install the glass into the vehicle. It becomes the property of the owner of the vehicle. You have to go to file small claims court if the customer doesn't pay. Then it will be up to the judge. If you don't have any signed paperwork stating such on your side. Kiss that $$$$ goodbye

We have all the receipts of the purchase from Coach Glass that we installed

and a signed invoice with assignment of benefits attached.

The customer has since cancelled his policy with Allied Ins.

because of this.

Good luck. If you didn't make first notice of loss, you are probably SOL. The only other thing is to find out if their agent was notified of the damage and the plan to get the work done. The policy language says that you must notify "us" which means the agent as well.

RV Solutions
We have all the receipts of the purchase from Coach Glass that we installed

and a signed invoice with assignment of benefits attached.

The customer has since cancelled his policy with Allied Ins.

because of this.

IS THE AOB SIGNED WITH PRICE OF INSTALL ON THE SAME PAPER WORK? AS LONG AS THE DAMAGE WAS REPORTED AS OCCURRING WITHIN THE POLICY PERIOD IT WILL BE COVERED EVEN IF THE POLICY HAS SINCE LAPSED. THE WORK ORDER WITH AOB , IN MOST STATES NEEDS TO HAVE THE PRICE OF REPAIR STATED OR IT IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT IS PRINTED ON. A FEW STATES INSURANCE LAWS ARE NOT AS STRINGENT AND ALLOW FOR SUIT WITHOUT AN AOB SHOWING AMOUNT OWED. WE HERE IN AZ, AS FAR AS I KNOW, HAVE NO OPTION OTHER THAN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. BUT I ASKED EARLIER FOR ADVICE BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY YET.

I do not know what state that you are in, but we are in Florida. We file FNOL directly with our signed work orders and according to the language in our AOB. We have billed many thousands of jobs like this and everyone pays. Allied included. We file suit on every short paid job or any job not paid within 30 days. We always win. It doesn't make any difference that "the insurance policy is not on your side". The LAW is. Of course, you can take it from the naysayers and those who think they know but have no clue. It's your business. File suit or go to arbitration, whichever is at your disposal in your state. You will win. Going forward, you should really consider the services of a good attorney. The insurance companies always get stuck with the fees because they are always in the wrong as long as you verify coverage and keep good records. JMHO

RV Solutions
We have all the receipts of the purchase from Coach Glass that we installed and a signed invoice with assignment of benefits attached. The customer has since cancelled his policy with Allied Ins. because of this.

and this is from your other post (The customer was in a pinch and wanted it done. We do glass all the time without filing the claim until after the work has been completed.)
Correct me if I am wrong:
Coach Glass is in Oregon, unless you are in Oregon and were able to get the windshields the same day, you had to order and wait for the glass to be packed and shipped in via common carrier. Didn't you have plenty of time, at least a week or so, to call the insurance company, after the customer came in to show you the damage and you ordered the glass?
You did BOTH sides at the same time, normally both sides do not get broken at the same time. But, they do get sandblasted or scratched and that kind of damage is NOT covered by insurance.
A motorhome is not a pick up truck or a van, where the shield can be purchased for next to nothing. The windshields cost probably 5 - 10 times what a pick up windshield costs and I am sure that you are not putting in the glasses for $50 - $75 over cost. How much did the invoice come to $1,500 - $2,000 or more? Just on that reason alone, you should have protected yourself, by checking with the insurance company, to see if they actually had the coverage in place.
Do you own a digital camera or a cell phone? Why didn't you take a picture? You know, just in case there was a problem, so that you could CYA?
What did you expect them to do? There are just too many things that set off all of the ****ers whistles and bells. It really should not come as a surprise when they denied the claim, because you did not call it in before proceeding with the replacements.
Let me know if I am wrong or if it was an...
Ooops...

RV if Ooooooooops is correct you are up the creek without a paddle!
Bill the customer.

I am not suggesting any fraud here, but...contacting the ins co should be a common practice. Customers have a habit of saying anything to get what they want.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com