AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Who is administering AAA claims in MN

Who is administering Auto Club Group (AAA) claims in Minnesota now?

Re: Who is administering AAA claims in MN

Just got notice that quest is. And i would rather work with safelite. They at least paid a decent rate. Anyone that would go with those prices will only hurt the glass business

Who knew Quest still had a network?

They are going after several other insurance groups

First question. WHY DOES IT MATTER? Are there really that many independent shops who do not know how to be INDEPENDENT? Why worry about a turd party admensturator?

PLEASE!!!! some one show me how or why you are forced to work with ANYONE not in the contact of repair. Why haven't more shops come back out of the "dark ages" and learn how to direct bill????? REALLY, I promise you there are no insurers that can not be direct billed.

As for quest,, what they want/ or wanted has had or ever will have anything to do with what I charge. I sure hope there a at least a few good shops who understand this concept!

You have 2 choices, 1. Roll over, play dead, an accept what "they" offer OR (new concept for some), Don't play that game, and play your OWN game. Bill what you do, and do what you bill. REAL SIMPLE. Grow a set and prosper or live long and prosper, words from the immortal SPOCK!

Sounds great, would you like to share your procedure for billing say, geico or farmers at the price safe lite gets for a repair which is almost double what we get? I would like to know the trick to get around their roadblocks. I can't find a way around it.

Lasko
Sounds great, would you like to share your procedure for billing say, geico or farmers at the price safe lite gets for a repair which is almost double what we get? I would like to know the trick to get around their roadblocks. I can't find a way around it.

I have been pondering how to answer your question, which is a bit GOOFY to say the least. But this is all about CHOICES.

First off I don't know what SAFELITE gets for a repair because I am not in their contract of repair. As far as they getting double for a repair from what they pay the shop, well that could be because of the GAI they are engaged in or contracted with an insurer, and I am not party to that agreement. Nor do I care. It is NOT MY business.

I run MY business. So When a customer comes to me to contract for any type of repair or replacement, auto, or home, the first question is about the form of payment they will be using. That gives me choices. Cash, gold bricks, and barter system are my favorite. WHY? I get paid quickly and I get what I need, so I can give them what they need. I don't know if you understand this type business so let's move to what you might have some understanding.

If and when a customer wants to use credit or an insurance policy as payment, that gives me choices. Credit and Ins Policies come with greater expenses and take more time, but only in some cases. Some direct bill ins co's pay 3-5 days. And I have a great working relationship with them, and they are well received by their insureds also.

So when a network calls and says they have a blaa blaa insured requesting to use my shop, will I accept the following rates? Well now I have 2 choices. If the price is acceptable to my rates I can say yes. If Not I can say NO To their rates, still do the work, and bill directly. Sometimes I bill through network, MY RATES, and then go after the short pays. NO problem, Just choices. I always start by billing direct. When they send it to network for payment I have a track record for future use. When they ALTER an invoice I have HUGE documentation of FRAUD being committed by the network in conjunction with the insurer.

There is very, very little differences for me from billing any account, whether fleet or insurance co., or network. Choices, WHO, WHAT, AND WHERE.

Lasko, I truly hope this helps but there are no tricks, just common sense, and diligence. Roadblocks are made to stop you, when you choose not to stop you find your ways around the Roadblocks. I started a long time ago, and right from the very beginning.

unbelieve-able
Lasko

I have been pondering how to answer your question, which is a bit GOOFY to say the least. But this is all about CHOICES.

First off I don't know what SAFELITE gets for a repair because I am not in their contract of repair. As far as they getting double for a repair from what they pay the shop, well that could be because of the GAI they are engaged in or contracted with an insurer, and I am not party to that agreement. Nor do I care. It is NOT MY business.

I run MY business. So When a customer comes to me to contract for any type of repair or replacement, auto, or home, the first question is about the form of payment they will be using. That gives me choices. Cash, gold bricks, and barter system are my favorite. WHY? I get paid quickly and I get what I need, so I can give them what they need. I don't know if you understand this type business so let's move to what you might have some understanding.

If and when a customer wants to use credit or an insurance policy as payment, that gives me choices. Credit and Ins Policies come with greater expenses and take more time, but only in some cases. Some direct bill ins co's pay 3-5 days. And I have a great working relationship with them, and they are well received by their insureds also.

So when a network calls and says they have a blaa blaa insured requesting to use my shop, will I accept the following rates? Well now I have 2 choices. If the price is acceptable to my rates I can say yes. If Not I can say NO To their rates, still do the work, and bill directly. Sometimes I bill through network, MY RATES, and then go after the short pays. NO problem, Just choices. I always start by billing direct. When they send it to network for payment I have a track record for future use. When they ALTER an invoice I have HUGE documentation of FRAUD being committed by the network in conjunction with the insurer.

There is very, very little differences for me from billing any account, whether fleet or insurance co., or network. Choices, WHO, WHAT, AND WHERE.

Lasko, I truly hope this helps but there are no tricks, just common sense, and diligence. Roadblocks are made to stop you, when you choose not to stop you find your ways around the Roadblocks. I started a long time ago, and right from the very beginning.

Well said!! If you are a shop owner and you are accepting these rates, you are simply feeding the monster.

My roadblock is I can't find where to send the bill to geico or farmers without safe lite popping up blocking things. First I have to confirm coverage and that goes through safe lite.

As far as billing, ok where do I send it.... Being specific I need an address... And the answer I always get is "All glass claims are handled through our glass claims administrator"

That's what I can't find my way around. I'm not trying to be "goofy" but I never get the specifics on getting around that, nor did I with your answer.

Bob comes in with a chip and wants to use geico... Who do you call? Where do you send the bill, address please.

Your answers and all that I get here are generalized, I.e. "I direct bill the company you GOOFY idiot."

Heh your answer reminds me of asking my girlfriend what time will supper be ready?

"Well I have to go to the store and see if they have fresh sprouts, and if they don't then I have to go to the other store across town, by the way I'm low on gas, did I tell you Judy and Ralph are having a party Saturday? Yes, it's a surprise party for Cindy, she just got a new job at bed bath and beyond, which reminds me I need to get some new bedspreads for the middle bedroom, I'm kinda thing I'd like to paint it a different shade of pink, .........

send your bills to the CFO of the insurance company. He is responsible for the financial operation of the company.

You DO NOT have to call the TPA. Call the customer's agent to report the loss if the customer hasn't already. Do a google search to find the home office. If you mail the invoice send it registered so they can't say they didn't receive it. Or fax the invoice and print a report to prove they received it. Litigate EVERY short pay or no pay. Of course be sure you have an assignment of proceeds.

Jim, can you get me the CFO's address and phone number for geico, thanks, lasko.

Hey smiley, can you get me that info for geico, seems one in four is with them, thanks, I'm having a hard time finding their agents keep being forwarded to their TPA. Hey thanks a million. Lasko.

I'm not at the office right now, but if you google Geico send it to their address in Georgia.

All Geico companies listed with one state DOI have the same address and phone.

GEICO
5260 WESTERN AVENUE
CHEVY CHASE MD 20815-3799
800-841-3000

HTH and, JMNNLO

Been doing repair since 1991 when glass mechanic had their cattle syringe as an injector. It's my life and it's what I do.

There is no way I ever have any luck with that number above, it always forwards me into the system. We also use 18005102291, same result. the damage needs to be reported and coverage confirmed and that's where the trap gets me.

So when Betty the TSR says geico pays ##.## do you accept these prices..... At that point what do you do? Say no, WE CHARGE @@.@@ and send the bill to the above address?

Thanks

GEICO
ATTN:STEVE BLOME
ONE GEICO CENTER
MACON, GA 31295-0001

Steve is the Centralized Glass Services Manager. If he isn't available ask for Barbara Collins, her number is 478 621-1271

FARMERS INSURANCE
NATIONAL DOCUMENT CENTER
P.O. BOX 268994
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73126-8994
FAX 877 217-1389
EMAIL myclaim@farmersinsurance.com
phone 800 435-7764

If you have the customers insurance card, 1st call the agent to verify coverage (make sure they have comp coverage), if no agent as in GEICO, call the customer service number (not the claims line) verify coverage. If you use snail mail to submit invoices, send it with a certified mail receipt. That way you have the exact date that the clock starts clicking for when they must respond according to the law in your state.

P.S. $0 for additional work is unfair and unreasonable.

Thanks Davy, that's more of what I was looking for. Do we have to submit a first notice of loss or photos of the damage to any numbers before repair? They always inform us they will not pay if the work has been started or completed. If you have Allstate or st farms numbers that would be great too, they are the other two main players. Hartford and usaa have really low balled us but they are not as frequent.

Thank you very,very much,

This has been very helpful. I appreciate all the knowledge of this forum. The insurance company I have had problems direct billing is Allstate. Does anyone have a good address for them? Lasko, thanks for being persistent.

Lasko
What, are you only billing $25-30 for a repair?

Wow. The fact that you guys are talking about sending the bill for a repair to the CFO of Geico certainly shows the immature nature of your business knowledge. No wonder why they eat you for lunch everyday.

Let us know know how that works out for you. Fool.

We skip the CFO and deal directly with Mr. Buffet.....

Curious in TX
Who is administering Auto Club Group (AAA) claims in Minnesota now?

I got this info direct from Quest when implementing new QGN:

We are handling only certain claims for AAA Michigan. Any claim that comes from Quest that says Quest Glass Network on the top of the assignment fax will need to come to us using carrier 605 – Quest Glass Network. Also, as a heads up, we are adding other insurance companies to this network as well.

Bottom line, if the assignment fax says Quest Glass Network then it needs to come to Quest using Carrier 605. It is also imperative that they include the assignment/claim number on the invoice. We will not be accepting invoices without a claim number for anything coming to carrier 605.

All of the old carriers, Auto-Owners (120), Mutual of Enumclaw (275), Pioneer (390) etc. will have no changes. They still go to the respective carrier number.

HTH

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com