AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Discount tire and Safelite to team up

Rumor has it discount tire to get in the glass business. Let's see how this works like the old sears deal. Good luck.

Re: Discount tire and Safelite to team up

They better start looking for a lot of new sources of revenue

since their TPA division might be on it,s way out.

Sounds like they will be harvesting glass claims just like the companies they slander over and over again.

I doubt that any glass company would be able to service customers at a Discount Tire location. Discount gets most customers in and out in an hour. They sell tires and wheels.

The deal does not involve servicing claims at the location per se. In a nutshell, DT employees evaluate any glass damage and let the customer know they can have it serviced. From there, they can setup the claim or make the referral.

I have maintained for years that independent glass shops must engage their community partners and establish these relationships early on.

Direct marketing is a part of the industry and you cannot ignore it.

Sounds good in theory, but how do you share the pie when there is not enough pie? All things come with a cost. If there is little to no profit how do you share in the loss?

Gary,

I believe this is an effort by Discount tire to try and combat the success that Bell Tire has had with a mobile glass services they introduced several years ago.. Bell tire & Discount tire have been ferce competers in our market for many years!

Gary Hart
The deal does not involve servicing claims at the location per se. In a nutshell, DT employees evaluate any glass damage and let the customer know they can have it serviced. From there, they can setup the claim or make the referral.

I have maintained for years that independent glass shops must engage their community partners and establish these relationships early on.

Direct marketing is a part of the industry and you cannot ignore it.

Gary,

You are so right, but the people you are talking to are like Obama in Reverend Wright's church... Obama was just sitting in that church, but he was not listening (Allegedly) . These folks never listen to the message, they ask the question they come to hear the sermon but they are too busy on Farmville on their cells to hear what is being said

I bet you that their is people out there back in the day when I was a local marketing nut, that listened used the lists of business that I sent them and did something with it.. there is no magic formula it's just like weight loss you have to get off your ass and get out and make it happen.

The only problem with that, Larry, is that then you get pegged as an evil claims harvester....LOL

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com