AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Licensed adjusters

“It is further ordered that respondents shall within 30 days of the effective date of this order develop practices and procedures to ensure that each and every independent adjuster, as defined by Minn. Stat. 72B.02, subd. 4 (2014), engaged by respondents to adjust Minnesota claims is properly licensed in Minnesota,” according to the settlement agreement.

So, lets take a look here. It seems Mn is taking a stand, that when a third party, not in the contract of repair, attempts to coerce the shop into a network pricing, they are in fact acting as an adjuster, and if not licensed as an adjuster is acting outside of the law. HMMMMMMMM wow. so ok this is directed directly at AAA, but what is good for one goose may just be good for all ganders......

Hypothetically speaking, so if a network calls and makes an attempt to "fix" the price they best be a licensed adjuster for the state. ok does this have any impact on shops when that tpa calls????? question.... are you licensed to adjust the pricing? NOW why does this not apply to other states? shop owners may want to ask the big question, "are you licensed as an adjuster for the state??????? This may have an impact from state to state....... shops, wake up.....

Re: Licensed adjusters

I was wondering what will happen with this. Knowing safelite though, they will have a "minnesota group" that is liscensed.

LOL we lose one state, SAD DAY. simple fact of the matter is, TPAs will not ever go away. if we need to be licensed we will become licensed, its not that hard to do so..

Oh my, 'me' the bean counter is back. I will refrain from dialog except for 1 major fact.

Nothing ever has or ever will last forever.

And yes the days of tpa's are definitely numbered. It's all about the money, and soon it will become a liability not an asset to be in bed with them, all of them. Sorry "me" you lost way more than 1 state....... wait for it.....a new day is coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Once the states start to realize the lost revenue caused from price fixing by insurance companies the pendulum will be swinging back to fair and completely reasonable.

Good luck "me" you will need a new job..........

Forgot 1 thing. If it was so easy to become licensed to adjust claims, AND follow the rules associated with that licence, well you would already be licensed....oooooppppps!

Never say "not ever" for it just might make the "ever" INEVITABLE"! WOW THINK ABOUT IT!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com