AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
urathane safty

I'm amazed amount of guys picking up there 428 or 418 jobbers and low budget companies its 20 degrees no humidity
no stats lower than 40 degrees it a good product if its going to sit for more than a day for the extra 10 dollars buy a 1 hour to me that's the biggest hack not caring about ones safety you do a job for misses Jones her boss keeps her for extra half hour now she late picking up her child from school rushes down road enough said!

Re: urathane safty

What if your boss refuses to use anything but these products?

Simple. You are working for the wrong company.

Re: urathane safety.

Always keep in mind even if your the worker you as a technician should be aware of the products you are using the wheel man gets the same amount of time .maybe have the boss call a rep to come in or have him educate the customer on safety
And why your a little bit more than the competition or make a little less for a piece of mind and a job done right.were all trying to survive put we shouldn't sacrafice the customers safety for bigger profit

ATL KING
I'm amazed amount of guys picking up there 428 or 418 jobbers and low budget companies its 20 degrees no humidity
no stats lower than 40 degrees it a good product if its going to sit for more Ithan a day for the extra 10 dollars buy a 1 hour to me that's the biggest hack not caring about ones safety you do a job for misses Jones her boss keeps her for extra half hour now she late picking up her child from school rushes down road enough said!

I'm amazed that somebody who champions the safety of the consumer so much can't spell urethane or safety, but that's none of my business

just trying to survive
ATL KING
no stats lower than 40 degrees it a good product if its going to sit for more Ithan a day for the extra 10 dollars buy a 1 hour to me that's the biggest hack not caring about ones safety you do a job for misses Jones her boss keeps her for extra half hour now she late picking up her child from school rushes down road enough said!

I'm amazed that somebody who champions the safety of the consumer so much can't spell urethane or safety, but that's none of my business

What does safety have to do with spelling skills??
Let me ask you this: Who would you rather have service your car.
An AGRSC registered shop or not, that uses 3 week safe drive urethane at 20 degrees, tells you that you can drive the car safely in 1 hour, but can spell?
Or an honest shop, that uses a quality 1 hour safe drive product, and sends you down the road with the correct information, but may be spelling challenged?
Which one are you? Judging by your name, let me guess.
Ooops....

Oops:
I agree with your statement, but I have to admit that the bad spelling and grammar on this site makes us appear unprofessional. How difficult is it to spell correctly with spellcheck?

Smiley
Oops:
I agree with your statement, but I have to admit that the bad spelling and grammar on this site makes us appear unprofessional. How difficult is it to spell correctly with spellcheck?

My guess, "urathane safty", was on purpose, so at least he could have put it in quotes. But the "edit" feature on this site has been disabled. So if you know you screwed up, you can not go back in to change it. Strike one and you're out, so to speak. But like I have said before, there, their and they're are all correctly spelled, but their usage varies greatly and spell check will not help you out there, unless they're going to reinstate spell and or grammar check.
But, if "urathane safty" was not on purpose, oh well, now that was an....
Ooops.....

Re: urethane safety

It was oops just was tying to start a topic urethane safety and enjoying some R&R couldn't go back and fix I'm not admin person
Just a guy working hard at my business making it better and educating customers on safety and not just about price.
I guess I struck a nerve on survival guy just was replying back didn't mean to offend thought I was giving my opinion.

ATL King
It was oops just was tying to start a topic urethane safety and enjoying some R&R couldn't go back and fix I'm not admin person
Just a guy working hard at my business making it better and educating customers on safety and not just about price.
I guess I struck a nerve on survival guy just was replying back didn't mean to offend thought I was giving my opinion.

Keep up the good work!

Almost every topic on this board is somebody crying or complaining about something. I don't know if every industry use like this, but it truly is the nature of this business. I think everyone wants to believe they do everything right and everyone else does everything wrong and that they are the victim. They can't match prices because "everyone else is a lick and stick", "safelite this safelite that" "tpas" "poor glass quality". It's the reason this board is considered a joke in this industry. It's the water cooler everyone stands around and cries about unfair everything this. I install autoglass, and most of the people on this forum give installers a bad reputation as much as hack installers.

AGRSC shop equals credibility? Enjoy the koolaid.

Maybe everyone needs to check into the urethane that they use a little more closely. All urethanes require at least 24 hours to fully cure at 72 degrees fahrenheit and 50% humidity. Yes even the one hour SDAT stuff! Safe drive away time tests are done at 30 mph and do not include FMVSS 216 roof crush. what if your customer gets on the highway and does 65 mph and crashes or worse yet rolls his vehicle? How safe would that one hour urethane be then?

old glass guy
Maybe everyone needs to check into the urethane that they use a little more closely. All urethanes require at least 24 hours to fully cure at 72 degrees fahrenheit and 50% humidity. Yes even the one hour SDAT stuff! Safe drive away time tests are done at 30 mph and do not include FMVSS 216 roof crush. what if your customer gets on the highway and does 65 mph and crashes or worse yet rolls his vehicle? How safe would that one hour urethane be then?

Come on hoss, none of these guys care about "safety". They care about liability, and if they're good on that front, they don't lose sleep

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com