AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rolladeck

Does the Rolladeck work on the Ford Escape or the Dodge Caravan. I am considering purchasing a windshield setting tool. Getting tired of setting these large windshields plus I'm not getting any younger.

Re: Rolladeck

Get the Solo Neo from Aegis. I have been using mine for a year now and have had no problems and it is reasonably priced.

Is there any truth to S***lite having driver door regulator problems due to the weight of their windshield setting tool. If so, is it advisable to attach the tool to the passenger door since it is used less often.

There's videos on YouTube on how to set up the rolladeck on the caravan and escape!!!!!!

I've been procrastinating on getting a rolladeck but since price has dropped some I plan on getting one here in next month or so.

Not interested in a system that you need to remove the cowl. You can slide'em in all day with a solo or a buddy system without issue's

I have had a rolladeck about a year now and it is one of my favorite new tools. I don't use it every job bit on the big windshields and ones without stops, it's like a second pair of hands. Not just for setting the part, it's awesome at helping remove the old part as well, Great product!!!

Sir Slam A Lot
I have had a rolladeck about a year now and it is one of my favorite new tools. I don't use it every job bit on the big windshields and ones without stops, it's like a second pair of hands. Not just for setting the part, it's awesome at helping remove the old part as well, Great product!!!

At least you are joking

Dangit, I meant to quote cowl slider

Who Dat

To be real here. More then 3/4 of the installers here dont remove the cowl and theres no issues. Thats a fact jack. There's no law or rules on the books that says you have to. Some can and some cant. Im one of the I can guys. By all means if you aint got the skills. take the cowl off. Save us all the headache!

Cowl Slider
Who Dat

To be real here. More then 3/4 of the installers here dont remove the cowl and theres no issues. Thats a fact jack. There's no law or rules on the books that says you have to. Some can and some cant. Im one of the I can guys. By all means if you aint got the skills. take the cowl off. Save us all the headache!

OK Slider let's get real. The first thing you have not learned, and may never learn, is "wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even if no one is doing it". Ask any plummer, electrician, or other professional service provider, are there hacks infiltrating the business and the answer will come back YES. So you say 3/4 of all installers stuff? Maybe. with no issues yea right. I see issues with every stuff job I see. The fact here is those 75% or 3/4 are monkeys, employed to go do a job, and not owners of their own business. SAD BUT TRUE. You are just numbers, and you don't give a rip except to do as many a day you can and collect a bare bones living.
Any dumb stick can stuff that is the easy way. It does not take better skills to stuff. in fact the opposite is true. it takes much more skills to do the job correctly. You are proof any idiot can go out and hack up w/s replacement. You and Your so called skills are not an asset to this industry, you sir are a major part of the problem and are part of the reason pricing has become worth less all the time, because you are not worth what you do. And that is the REAL DEAL.

real deal
Cowl Slider
Who Dat

OK Slider let's get real. The first thing you have not learned, and may never learn, is "wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it, and right is right even if no one is doing it". Ask any plummer, electrician, or other professional service provider, are there hacks infiltrating the business and the answer will come back YES. So you say 3/4 of all installers stuff? Maybe. with no issues yea right. I see issues with every stuff job I see. The fact here is those 75% or 3/4 are monkeys, employed to go do a job, and not owners of their own business. SAD BUT TRUE. You are just numbers, and you don't give a rip except to do as many a day you can and collect a bare bones living.
Any dumb stick can stuff that is the easy way. It does not take better skills to stuff. in fact the opposite is true. it takes much more skills to do the job correctly. You are proof any idiot can go out and hack up w/s replacement. You and Your so called skills are not an asset to this industry, you sir are a major part of the problem and are part of the reason pricing has become worth less all the time, because you are not worth what you do. And that is the REAL DEAL.

Thats were your wrong. U just ran into the other 25% that cant or dont know how to maneuver the glass into place with the cowl on. Ive taken glasses out of the cars that Ive done a few years later and found that there no glue smear and had the appearance of a cowl-less set. Do U really think in your small mine that getting air noise and leaks is beneficial for me? Please if that was the case I would need to fix them all the time and loose money. I use a solo set when I install glass fool. I use it to assist me set the glass into place with the cowl in place. Yes I do remove some cowls that need to be. I didnt say I dont remove cowls at all.

The Real Deal is that your jealous of people that can do these things. DONT HATE. CONGRADULATE. Being a HATER is so unbecoming.

Cowl slider, you can't even spell correctly. Do you even know how to remove a cowl and put it back together?

Junior
the answer is NO

Cowl Slider
Who Dat

COWL SLIDER,
You my friend are the worse thing in the glass industry, stuffing cowls "sliding" shoving, slipping, jamming, what ever you want to call it just S U C K S!!!! It is guys like you that short cut glass, Let us all guess your go to for CLIPS is LIQUID CLIPS rite. glued down wiper cowls from smearing the glue and your glued down side molding. All that just does make for more work the next time. try taking the cowl off every vehicle and do the job correctly and you will see that most vehicles have stops under the wiper cowl. Sliding the windshield under don't make you better just makes you look like a fool.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com