AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TPAs

why all the hate towards TPAs, looking for reasonable level headed answers, no bashing please.

Re: TPAs

TPA=Anti America, Anti freedom.
TPA=Hand cuffs free trade.
TPA=Dictatorship.
TPA=Bully.
TPA=Racketeers.
TPA=Slave Master for Insurers.
TPA=Price fixers.

not your fault you have to make a living, but you dance
with the devil.

Simply put, TPAs do insurance company's dirty work. They lie to our customers to steal jobs from us. And when we hold on to our customer they send payments that are half of what we should be reimbursed. We litigate every short pay and are successfull 99.9 percent of the time, so don't even try to suggest that we're not charging a fair and reasonable price. Insurance companies know our prices are fair. Some give up and work with us, but most continue to let the TPA's do their bullying.

Please read Mark's comments under the Lynx tactics thread. He does a great job of explaining our dilemma.
Imagine if everyone had the business sense to say no to unprofitable work, and the tenacity to litigate every short pay.

I wonder how "me" would feel if he/she were forced to deal with ME in order to get paid, and what amount I would be willing to allow "me", to make. And if I could save "me's" employer allot of $$$$$ by systematically reducing "me's" paycheck, I wonder if "me" would feel any hatred toward ME? What do you think "me"? And I have nothing to do with the agreement you have with your employer, and you can't do anything about it but walk away. How do you like ME now "me"?

ME thinks "me", know-ith not what he/she think-est. Welcome to the TPA spin zone....

Reasonable, level-headed responses, and no-bashing committed.

Hello Again Me: ( I see you spewing vitriol on another post and have a hard time believing you are actually asking this question ) FYI, we don't have any hate for TPA's. We simply do not recognize them nor involve them in the claims process. We just don't see you.

For all you guys out there that have been in business way longer than I have, I got to hand it to you, After all the coaching the customer, all the sweet talking the customer, and all the guaranties I/we can possible give a customer. The TPA's have to say one thing ( so forth and so on insurance provider) CAN'T guarantee the work your, or my shop provides. Half these brain dead customers only hear a select few words you say, and give all there attention when on the phone with insurance company. I have lost 3 jobs last week due to this, working in a 00000 deductible state just blows. Now with that said just last week, a couple of customers I have lost last yr to SL, have called me today for replacements, due to SL had ruined there vehicles last time with leaks, air noises, or the all favorite windshield RATTLING,,LOL.. So sometimes carma does play a good hand once in while. All we have to do is give QUALITY work all the time and you just won a small battle each day. Truly it is up to the customer to make the decision and some times they make the wrong one, and realize later they should have gone with you.

D A M N YANKEE
For all you guys out there that have been in business way longer than I have, I got to hand it to you, After all the coaching the customer, all the sweet talking the customer, and all the guaranties I/we can possible give a customer. The TPA's have to say one thing ( so forth and so on insurance provider) CAN'T guarantee the work your, or my shop provides. Half these brain dead customers only hear a select few words you say, and give all there attention when on the phone with insurance company. I have lost 3 jobs last week due to this, working in a 00000 deductible state just blows. Now with that said just last week, a couple of customers I have lost last yr to SL, have called me today for replacements, due to SL had ruined there vehicles last time with leaks, air noises, or the all favorite windshield RATTLING,,LOL.. So sometimes carma does play a good hand once in while. All we have to do is give QUALITY work all the time and you just won a small battle each day. Truly it is up to the customer to make the decision and some times they make the wrong one, and realize later they should have gone with you.

Your sure are singing a different tune about safelite now. You was the poster BOY for them before when you worked there.....lol..

How many faces you see in the mirror when you shave in the morning BOY!!!

Cant remember? Let me refresh your memory

Quote Reply Re: Never noticed before ...
jimmy jimmy jimmy you have no idea of what i know and as for your whinning of steering goes instead of hoping for referalls from the insurance co. Why dont you take some of that moldy a** and put it to good use like advertisment. Oh and to let you know I do have my own biz but it's not auto glass. theres more money in flat glass So why everyone is running around chasing there tails trying to find a way to take down the bigger co. I'm out there making great money for myself. and if you take everything on this board to heart I think you need to find a new biz that isnt so currupt as you are so called putting it. Its a dog eat dog world out there the only way to make money is to spend money. remember these 2 major companies the BIG S and D/T started out small and are the 2 largest on the east coast. It sounds like to me you just want a free hand out and take the easy way out. If you want something you have to be ruthless at times. If you owned safelite or D/T your whole tune your whistling would change.

**** yankee

Quote Reply Re: Never noticed before ...
FXS i know what it is like but ******** about it wont get me anywere and its not big corp brain washing i just happen to like working for a large chain as long as my paycheck is their and they dont mess w/ it i have no problems w/ what ever they do to get the biz. the day they let me go is the day i'll start installing auto glass for myself. but untill then i'm staying put

XS,
yes I did say that, you my friend must have nothing better to do, Or NO work to go searching around this forum for that. Oh I only have one FACE. Yes my tune has changed, I no longer work for the slave camp. When I have worked for them I would defend them to a point, Did I like there ways of doing things? NO!! but it was a job and a paycheck each week. Now I could care less if that company went belly up and closed all its stores tomorrow.

TPAs were started to combat the BIG AGR company back when. of course the Company starting the TPA for "the benefit of the Indies" was trying to sell more glass to the Indies that signed up with them. That idea didn't pan out for them so apparently they decided to stop trying to make $$$ off the Indies by selling glass to them, Let's make $$$ being a TPA and FoRK the Indies.
JMHO

Wow, he is right! Or your just very observant?? For many years I have received a lot of helpful information from this site. But for the past few I have seen a lot of what you just put on here, Or the group of regulars run to see who typed a word wrong. So with that being said is what you just posted considered HELPFUL to anyone? It's no secret the company you speak of if a MONOPLY!!!!! And it's clear to see that it hurt's a lot of feelings on here. And it should!(Hurt's mine TOO!) But come on people, You will never have a group big enough to take your enemy on if you keep running people off just because you had more time to read their post than they did. Keep giving great information, and QUIT being an ASS!!

That's what got you here!!!
Wow, he is right! Or your just very observant?? For many years I have received a lot of helpful information from this site. But for the past few I have seen a lot of what you just put on here, Or the group of regulars run to see who typed a word wrong. So with that being said is what you just posted considered HELPFUL to anyone? It's no secret the company you speak of if a MONOPLY!!!!! And it's clear to see that it hurt's a lot of feelings on here. And it should!(Hurt's mine TOO!) But come on people, You will never have a group big enough to take your enemy on if you keep running people off just because you had more time to read their post than they did. Keep giving great information, and QUIT being an ASS!!

Sounds like someone caught 'feeeelings'

U can sucka. Caught common sense!!!!

You couldn't catch that if it was beat over your head Homie

UR a Sucka

You couldn't catch that if it was beat over your head Homie

WOW.....

I don't have Homie's!! But I do "Thank You" for proving my point!!!

I don't have Homie's!! But I do "Thank You" for proving my point!!!

UR welcome. It wasn't hard at all to prove that you don't have "common sense" at all. Glad U acknowledged it. Admitting it is half the battle to recover "Homie"

Wow. Idiots like you leading the charge against Safelite! No wonder your leaders run out of resources and sell out to them. They all had you on their team.

Wow. Idiots like you leading the charge against Safelite! No wonder your leaders run out of resources and sell out to them. They all had you on their team.
Responses like this just confirms what i said B4!

thinking that was the most level headed thing in this entire thread, the simple fact of the matter is we are doing a job, just like you guys are. i understand if you are not happy with the rates the insurance company offers, there is a simple way to fix that, pick up more jobs... it makes no sense for an insurance company to auto auth someone who asks 200.00 flat for a chip repair thats "smaller than a quarter" when i can get it done through another company 3 miles or less down the road for 35 bucks, just as the glass companies are in it to make a profit, so are we. funny thing is if we shut our doors tomorrow and insurance just totally stopped existing glass companies in whole would probably not be able to keep their doors open, weather it be on the truck they use for mobile jobs or the doors to their buisness. so i dont see why there is an issue with us paying the glass companies bills. i know its all about the money, and for the glass companies its about who can tie who up in a lawsuit, i guess its the fact that i was raised up not to bite the hand that feeds you. another point i want to make is we do not go to glass companies or body shops and offer out contracts, they come to us, if u have an issue with what we see as "market price" maybe you should take it up with your "partners in crime".?

Dear me,
You don't have a clue. You do not draw a distinction between a repair and a replacement. It is strictly a glass claim to you. You want to average it out.
You put a TPA to work to do exactly that. Most of you contract with a biased TPA that is in a position to not only lord over its competition but also to manipulate the numbers. Your TPA can use depressed repair rates (haven't changed measurably in 20 years)and forced %off NAGS replacement rates to inflate the charges on their own jobs as long as everything averages out to the magic number in the end. Your TPA's try to steal our customers all the time. Do you still wonder why we don't like TPA's? Now you complain because we have decided to ignore the TPA's and make your job harder and take you to court to get fair and reasonable rates. If your so called "market" rates are so reasonable, how come we win every time we go to court? How can $xx be the market rate for a repair in every market across the country? Get a clue. It can't. If all repair shops freely accepted your market rate in every market across the country, then you are screwing your insureds because they will have been paying higher premiums than they should have been. You should stick to the business of insurance and let us freely compete in the business of glass repair and replacement.

OH my, "me" the bean counter is back. And he/she brought the "get a bigger watermelon truck" mentality with it's feeble brain. WOW. Simple way to fix bad pricing is to do more of it? REALLY, "me" you actually believe that Bull stuff? Let's try this "me". Whatever it is you earn, let's lower it to a point you cannot afford your car to get to work. Next we are going to tell you you just have to come to work more often. How's that workin for ya?

And your stupid comment about charging 200 for a chip, REALLY the only one's that do that are the networks who are charging off a GAI. You know, those you work for!

And you really think I would not survive by taking away 1 form of payment? You are really nuts or just totally clueless. I will always have the other forms of payment that I always prefer. CASH, Checks. Credit card, Debit card, and the tried and true forever, the barter system. Chickens, walleyes, half a hog, side of beef, well maybe you understand the process, maybe not.

As far as the "hand that feeds" well sorry "me" insurance co's do not feed us. we feed ourselves the way it is suppose to be. And I didn't know anyone still raised their little one's to be slaves any more. and lastly we don't go to ins co's, our customers come to us with a policy in hand to cover their loss, which they in fact paid ALLOT of money for their "piece of mind" to be covered when they encounter the loss they paid to protect. If we made as much $$$$$$$ repairing losses as the insurance company makes writing the policies, WOW we could pay our employees just like the CEO's of the big Ins Co's. JUST RIDICULOUS. Maybe you believe the only entity that should be able to make $$$$$$$$$$ is the ones you work for. WOW again.

You are either brain dead or need to walk the path of reality, and attend the school of hard knocks for a while. Maybe back way up, and see the WHOLE picture. It's much bigger than you "me", and your feeble job. No hate to the players just for the "Game". Metaphorically speaking.

Me, you do realize glass shops existed prior to TPAs being invented? Its time nags stopped publishing anything but part numbers.

Hey don't let someone from the TPA's get you guys all upset.

There is a very easy way to cut out any TPA from their cut of processing claim, and forcing any shop to accept their low ball rates.

Hey "me" ? Ever wonder why your biggest installation company asks customer for their agents name and phone number?

We would contact agent, to set up a direct billing claim due to "additional damage" (moulding needed, recalibration) or "OEM needed" . All agents just want to keep their client happy, so they dont go to another insurance company. A simple request to agent and TPA' is cut out of claim.

Hey "me" check your phone recordings, your preferred shop you send most of your work to is cutting you out of the picture.

Me: Once again, you exaggerate your value and do not realize that there are MANY of us out here who just don't see you, your company or other TPA's. You don't even exist in the vast majority of FNOL's that we supply to insurance companies. I'll bet what bothers you most is that the shops doing this are getting paid REASONABLE rates....far more than your "DRP" rates. Oh...and what Former Ohio CSR said is the real deal. We've been direct billing your largest client for well over a year, leaving you out of the process completely, and I must say that it has been an absolute pleasure.

As a side note, you should educate yourself on this industry and the laws that regulate what AGRR companies can and cannot do. I have searched far and wide and cannot find policy language nor statutes that require us to use TPA's. TPA's have created their own set of rules and believe that because they say it should be a certain way, that's the way it is.

You can fool some of the people all of the time
And all of the people some of the time.....
But you can't fool everyone all of the time

I guess you guys are trying to make a liar out of Lincoln....

all im saying is im posting this as im sitting at my desk here at your local TPA, and i know basic buisness techniques, if the guy down the road can do the job for 45 dollars an hour why would i start off offering you 150 dollars an hour.? thats just silly. and the fact of the matter is it is bad buisness. if i have an insured call me and say "i dont care were the work is done i just want it done" it would be absolutly silly of me to say "hey there is a guy down the road from you who offers the SAME EXACT SERVICES but wants 100 more dollars an hour for labor, let's go with him, sounds fine to me" that i wouldnt have a job any more. lol im being told i need to "walk a mile in the AGRR companies shoes", how about you thinking about it from this side. it'd be absolutley silly for me to start off giving 150.00 an hour and 35% ABOVE nags for the replacement of a windshield when i can go thourh a "DRP" and get it for cheaper, so of course we would rather our insureds go through our "DRP" shops, but at the end of the day i know as well as every other rep i work with knows if they say "no i want XYZ glass shop" then we have to get them to the shop they want, but i cant tell you how many times i have personally heard policy holders gripe and complain about how a non-part did this or didnt do this, i have had to turn more people away because we dont back ignorance over the course of the last few months than i can count on my fingers and toes. in short, basic buisness skills should be able to tell you if i can do the job for 100.00 flat you may want to lower your rates, its not the insurance company's fault you want 1000.00 dollars for a 250.00 dollar job. thats all i was asking, i dont see why all the hate for the TPAs and the insurance companies when at the close of the day WE pay your bills. even if u have to go to court to get the money it comes from us. if you cut all your insurance paying costumers i can garuntee you would struggle to keep your doors open, if they stayed open at all.. so keep in mind, you bite the hand that feeds you, your food might not exist much longer..

Hey, me,

Why is it that you guys want to pay us for only one repair and $0 for additional repairs when the Safelite website wants to be paid twice as much for the first repair and almost as much as you are willing to pay us for each additional repair not including taxes and extra fees for supplies and travel?

"it'd be absolutley silly for me to start off giving 150.00 an hour and 35% ABOVE nags for the"

Me, You forget, your job is to process claims (issuing claim numbers), your not settling them. What you imagine is yours to give is outside your authority, you don't have a seat at the table, so to speak. However if you are willing to provide testimony that you are being told to low ball pricing, or have taken a position of advocacy for the Insurer/TPA, please step up to the microphone.

Who is the Customer?

Me:
Tell the truth. When my customer asks for my shop you call, and when I don't agree to your retarded pricing you hang up, refusing to give me my customer's name. Then you lie to my customer and tell him I refused the job. I NEVER refuse the job. I explain that I WILL do the job but not for the requested price. You don't "get it" because you're willing to lie just to keep a low paying job. And then you suggest that honest shops are the problem. You and your pathetic company are the problem.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com