AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
15 Ford Transit 250

Just did one of these, no molding nothing on glass just a giant w/s. Two person install or maybe 2 "lil buddies". It's big..

Re: 15 Ford Transit 250

Good heads up Lee

We R&R this it cane out easily, which was nice as there was no replacement glass any where in LA. We also pulled the mirrors and stationary vents so the people we did this for could film the actors in the van without the division bars. The stationary vents are almost as big as the doors. Dumb design.

Larry

Dec 24, 2014 - 9:56AM

2015 Ford Transit Install

The 2015 Ford Transit is one big windshield it cuts out very easy , has a lock in cowl similar to a fusion, the windshield I had, came with covers over the rain sensor and the camera. And my van that I was working on had no camera but did have rain sensor, the cover was easily removed and the rain sensor went in like clock work.

2 Man job unless you have a Lil Buddy or some alternate setting tool.

:)

I had to get mine from the dealer... you would think someone would carry this Lee, and yes I agree it is a **** poor design and VERY easy job.

How do you transport this window?

On a roof rack with 4 suction cups.
Ooops....

helpful answer. No wonder people look at this forum as a joke...

Gorilla
How do you transport this window?

These windshields are extremely easy. With the correct setting equipment or two man it's a breeze. These windshields are only 42 inches tall in the center and it will fit in The back of van Econoline. there is a complete step-by-step demonstration of the new transit on my YouTube video. Go to www.rolladeck.net and follow the link.

Dan is right, they fit right in my Econoline & my Promasters... I don't think i have run across anything that does not fit, some of the hoda's come close to smacking if you put them dead center where the doors latch.

There's a specific model of these that I did with a tall frit band on the top that I couldn't put in a burco rack in the back of my express...and it wasnt even close

Gorilla
There's a specific model of these that I did with a tall frit band on the top that I couldn't put in a burco rack in the back of my express...and it wasnt even close

that is bizzare? we do them all the time , all the sizes never had an issue.. i know one of the Burco racks i had was very tall, I got the new orange ones in all my vans now.. we use to have the low profile ones they were garbage i threw them all away.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com