AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Certification

Can you become or retain memberships with Lynx/Safelite without current urethane certification.

Re: Certification

i work a stones throw away from part services here at lynx, i will save this link and forward this question over to a part service member and see if i cant get you an answer. i want to say yes, as long as you agree to bill through us and the rates we offer. but again im not with FSS/part services.

Me, from where do you get the power to set the price? Do you buy groceries the same way, offer a
take it or leave it price on each item at the check out stand?

OOTL
Can you become or retain memberships with Lynx/Safelite without current urethane certification.

I do not think so. But let me ask you this. WHY would you not want to be certified in your adhesive?? I can say more, but I will leave it simple and civil.
Is this another..
Ooops....

dontreadonme
Me, from where do you get the power to set the price? Do you buy groceries the same way, offer a
take it or leave it price on each item at the check out stand?

he was asking pertaining to getting memberships with the insurance companies, if you want a part contract you have to agree to our pricing, i had a part shop ask for an additional 30 dollars for a mobile that was out of her "service range" i spoke with the owner and explained that if he refuses the job it will be put on his shop and it will show when it is time to renew the contract. that being said i dont know why a heavily preferred vendor through any insurance company risk their part status over 30 dollars.?

me, Lynx, Safelite and the rest of the TPA's are irrelevant. We do not need you. We do not need your permission or your dispatches. We bill the insurance company directly. They do not like it but they have to pay or else we go to the Dept. of insurance and file a complaint and then we go to small claims court and win. Not only breach of contract but bad faith torts which pay punitive damages!

When it catches on, you will be out of a job.......

Hey Me I am the local Atty. that represents a lot of the independent shops that have chosen to bill direct and get paid.
Me, your days are numbered.

Here, Here local Atty.!! We are one of those shops that use the professional services of an attorney and bill direct. Almost 18 months now of no TPA's and we are compensated at OUR rates, NOT your's, "Me". Your days are truly numbered, Me. If you don't feel the heat, then you are not aware of your surroundings.......

I like the idea of direct bill. How do you get referral number. Or do you just send in direct to company without that.

ng.
I like the idea of direct bill. How do you get referral number. Or do you just send in direct to company without that.

Direct billing involves providing First Notice of Loss (FNOL) to the insurance company. The procedure we use is fairly simple.

First, we verify coverage. In most cases, the customer is aware of the presence of comprehensive coverage on the policy. In cases where they do not know or are not sure, we simply have them call their agent or insurance company to inquire SIMPLY ABOUT COVERAGE. NOT about a glass claim. I should note that we are in a deductible waiver State so verification of comp coverage is all that is required for us.

Second, we make a digital record of the damage with several photographs including the VIN, tag, etc. and secure Date of Loss and cause.

The replacement or repair is completed and the customer signs an Assignment of Benefits at the bottom of the work order. Part of the A.O.B. gives your shop the right to file FNOL. You need to seek the services of a good attorney to advise you on the wording of your Assignment before you get started and to assist you in your collection efforts.

Finally, we bill the insurance company. In most cases this is done by fax but there are a few who prefer email. You must secure a fax confirmation page with each fax that you send and make it part of the record for that particular job.

Upon confirmation of your delivery of FNOL/Invoice to the carrier, the ball is in their court and the clock starts ticking on their payment window, which is 30 days from the date on your fax confirmation.

There is certainly a little more to it that this brief synopsis and I cannot stress the importance of getting a good legal team on board before you begin so that you collect what you bill. Not all of them will short pay, but a good portion will. A good attorney can remedy this for you.

I would also highly recommend going through someone who has a solid working knowledge of direct billing and how each insurance company responds in kind. There are several out there. We use one of the best of them out of the Tampa Bay area.

To directly answer your question,ng, NO we do not obtain "referrals","dispatches" or "P.O.'s" because we have taken the TPA's completely out of the initial claims process. A claim number will be assigned to it after you file FNOL.

We are part of a rapidly growing number of shops who have seen the light. In all but a few cases, we get paid what we bill and the vast majority of our jobs are paid in a timely manner. Since implementing direct bill, we have been able to grow our volume 8 fold and have been able to provide jobs to many people in all levels of our business. We can grow because we are profitable.

The Wave is Coming..........

Thank you so much for this info. I will be following your advice. We need to get more on board with this. My biggest complain is how so many shops accept the tpa #

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com