AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
power inverter for mobile van

I'm looking to buy a new power inverter. Just want to no what you guys use to power your tools. There's so many brand out there. My Coleman 2000-watts just stop working. Anyone ever own a 3000-watts inverter. Not sure if my alternator will power it. My mobile cargo van 2014 nv200.
Thank's

Re: power inverter for mobile van

Here is a link to the Inverter store:
http://www.theinverterstore.com/pure-sine-inverters-off-grid.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA8rilBRDZu_G8hszXraoBEiQABlB9Y_2rL7UYk3mRVkwA09Fu6QQyzi7XAMbi7UJ4xXxEuQAaAv-O8P8HAQ

And one for Xantrex:
http://www.xantrex.com/power-products/power-inverters/prosine.aspx

Be aware that some tools require a true sine wave and some battery charges need that as well.

Inverters are extremely tough on your power tools since they don't produce 'real' AC.

True sine, or pure sine or something similiar is the only way to go regardless of wattage.

We have Dimension Pure Sine Wave inverters in our vans. We transferred them over from our old fleet. With a secondary Optima Blue top deep cycle battery. They power what ever we throw. at it. Gives real clean AC power signal. Safe to power all battery chargers with smart chips without blowing them out. Little Pricey, but worth it, Get what you pay for

Put a POWER CAP in line from battery and inverter, you will be very happy. The power cap is a large capacitor between the inverter and battery, and will handle any and all spikes. You just need a little more experience. It will also save your alternator. Google it you will learn.

XXX
Put a POWER CAP in line from battery and inverter, you will be very happy. The power cap is a large capacitor between the inverter and battery, and will handle any and all spikes. You just need a little more experience. It will also save your alternator. Google it you will learn.

The kids use these so when the subs hit real hard it does not dim the lights :)

XXX
It will also save your alternator. Google it you will learn.

Mmmm thats a good idea....

I did a lot of research on inverters, I went with the Powerbrite 2300. it is a modified sine but I have used them for 5 years and they handle everything I throw at it... Even my Compressor and heat gun. A lot of inverters wont power up an Air Compressor. I did have to go with a Yellow Optima Battery. It has a digital read out on the Amps your using or the volts on your battery. Also has a remote, I never used it however, my new Van (I ordered duel batteries and a heavy duty alternator) The Batteries are under the drivers seat so I am going to mount the inverter to the Partition or roof then use the remote to power it up, Also you need to use very heavy cable, You may get away with 1/0 cable which is 115 bucks for a 12 foot pair, or 4/0 awt if you are traveling a good way from the battery, this is about 240 bucks for a 12' pair. Best part about the Powerbrite is the price, Only about 250 bucks, It also will shut off when in knows your battery is low so you wont get stranded. As far as I can tell, It hasn't damaged any of my tools. I still wont charge my batteries on it just in case. BTW, I did fry my first Powerbrite...my fault I cut a cord plugged into it, I got mine from Inverters R Us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QpGC8MwYhI

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com