AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mark's blog

Mark,

Never have I been able to get picked up at any US airport by a un licensed cab. Same with Enterprise, they can't come onto the Airport Property from an off site location to get you. There are laws preventing this, this is why renting from the airport is always more expensive. You have to pay the airport tax, much like your Franchises have to pay you money...

I am not sure by reading if you are upset with Hotwire or Enterprise, but to me it seems like Enterprise. I can tell you this Enterprise did not get to where they are today by lying to people and selling them false hopes and dreams. You can take that for what it is worth.

Re: Mark's blog

I think Mark's post was more indicative of the lack of connection to the customer. Someone could have said something as they are two miles from the airport - I'm sure it is a frequent event. Also, they took the approach of "oh well" with the customer when they had an issue, versus hand holding him - up to and including a complete disconnect when cars became available.

It is another example of crappy service, nothing more. ERAC is not immune.

How come there were no cars available and then all of a sudden there were 15?.....Hotwire didn't cancel and Mark didn't cancel..... Enterprise confirmed the deal, so why did they lie?

JB,

Thanks for the info. Guess I've never rented off site before. My bad.

Two frustrations - none of which are Hotwire.

When I called Enterprise to confirm the Hotwire reservation no one told me that I'd have to get a cab. Guess I should have known.

The fact that someone at Enterprise cancelled my reservation was frustrating. What was more frustrating is that the "apparently" were 15 cars delivered and they were not thoughtful enough to say , "We have cars".

Thanks for weighing in! Appreciate it.

Mark

Yes. It is all about one employee not doing their job and hurting the brand of a very successful company that I always touted previously.

Thanks for weighing in.

Mark

That was my frustration!

Obviously mistakes happen. I also could have handled it had the Assistant Manager stuck his head out the door and just say, "We just got 15 cars in. I can't honor the Hotwire price but will give you a screaming deal.

I would have been a happy guy. Having lived in Tampa I know how busy it gets down there during the holidays.

Thanks.

That was my frustration!

Obviously mistakes happen. I also could have handled it had the Assistant Manager stuck his head out the door and just say, "We just got 15 cars in. I can't honor the Hotwire price but will give you a screaming deal.

I would have been a happy guy. Having lived in Tampa I know how busy it gets down there during the holidays.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCiu9hJ0wUU&list=RDrCiu9hJ0wUU#t=3

I think a letter to Enterprise and Hotwire are in order.

You had a less than stellar experience and Enterprise should know about it. I would include your blog and the responses from this board. The BAD advertising coming out of this is something each company will want to make right and make you whole.

Each person you reach here is 10 less customers that will rent from Enterprise. We all may share this bad experience with others.

Mark,

Be glad you did not hop into one of them stupid Uber taxi's or whatever the hip thing is. I know someone took a trip for $22 took it 4 hours later was $99 ! Now there is some sticker shock!

Re: Mark's blog - Reply to Otto Glass

Otto Glass -

Agree. The first thing I did on Monday was that exact thing and notify the person whose contact info was on the front of the Tampa map that read, "Your Satisfaction is our Main Goal" Please feel free to contact us at "e-mail address" with any questions or concerns.

I did that on Monday. It is now Saturday morning and no response yet.

As far as Hotwire, they still show I had a reservation at the time I returned the car and gave the Enterprise person the confirmation number, etc. so they could verify it wasn't Hotwire who cancelled it.

It is a shame because I always liked Enterprise.

More importantly, it is an example for all of us with technicians in the field of how important their contact with a customer is.

Thanks

Larry,

Believe it or not we don't have UBER in Waco, TX. Thanks for the input.

Mark

Mark,

I had never heard of them until just recently people on New Years eve having a fit about them here. I was thinking on my way to church today, using Hot Wire is like using a network to handle your claims because at the end of the day you did not care who provided your product as long as it was the cheapest and suited your needs. It might have been who was up next in rotation.

Online for some things just does not work well , for example I was in a Pizza Hut , 2 separate people within the 20 minutes I was there both had messed up orders because THEY did not order correctly. One was a Muslim man who ordered a pizza that included pork, they would not refund him because "HE" ordered it. I have to agree with that, the other person a mid aged lady had placed her order at a completely wrong store because she was not paying attention, she had an absolute meltdown because of her mistake. How does the pizza hut 10 miles away feel when they just spend 14 minutes of there time making a pizza the product cost etc for someone that does not show up.

And I did just look and there is absolutely a option for "Airport Location" or "offsite" so perhaps hotwire should say "hey guy not sure how your getting to you car but .... "

Regards.

Larry

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com