AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12/29/14 Glassbytes article: Glass shop owners have "inside....g

dangerous to do a windshield replacement outside.......3-4 hours to do a windshield......special adhesives from Switzerland........

Give me a break!!!!!

Re: 12/29/14 Robb glass aritcle

What article? Can you post it or show a link?

Re: 12/29/14 Robb glass aritcle

Re-titled: Glass shop owners have "inside..........etc

Re: 12/29/14 Glassbytes article: Glass shop owners have "inside....g

Do these folks live on planet earth?

Meh. Just a local marketing dig that was picked up by google.

Better story is the law to push for all cop cars to have bulletproof (gag) glass.

New York has a $5.1 billion surplus?

One Texas company said it would cost $55k per vehicle. No doubt I'm sure.

These 'lawmakers' should be banned from pen.

I had a chance to bid on the glass for these cars and I explained that the glass is easy....the modifications to the car to accomodate the thicker glass, and the extra weight is the real issue....aside from the fact that the glass will have to be stationary and the cars will be an oven in the summer months.

Ira
I had a chance to bid on the glass for these cars and I explained that the glass is easy....the modifications to the car to accomodate the thicker glass, and the extra weight is the real issue....aside from the fact that the glass will have to be stationary and the cars will be an oven in the summer months.

I agree with Ira, who is going to modify the cars, not the auto makers as they are mass producers and do not have the resources/time eec...to modify the cars and to tool up to build special panels is way to cost prohibitive.

Ira

They would also have to put amour plating in the door panels. The "bad guys" will just lower their sights and shoot through the door panels. Then they will put bombs under the car. Could you imagine all of the cop cars being transformed into Lenco Bear Cats?? Each vehicle costing 10X more than the current models.
Ooops...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com