AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2015 Ford Transit Install

The 2015 Ford Transit is one big windshield it cuts out very easy , has a lock in cowl similar to a fusion, the windshield I had, came with covers over the rain sensor and the camera. And my van that I was working on had no camera but did have rain sensor, the cover was easily removed and the rain sensor went in like clock work.

2 Man job unless you have a Lil Buddy or some alternate setting tool.

Re: 2015 Ford Transit Install

Larry
The 2015 Ford Transit is one big windshield it cuts out very easy , has a lock in cowl similar to a fusion, the windshield I had, came with covers over the rain sensor and the camera. And my van that I was working on had no camera but did have rain sensor, the cover was easily removed and the rain sensor went in like clock work.

2 Man job unless you have a Lil Buddy or some alternate setting tool.

Sweet thanks for the info

Always here to help when I can , I come across most of the new stuff due to the fleets I service..

Nice to Know, I ordered a 2015 Transit back on May 10th, Still has yet to be built, Ford tells me Jan 12 for production now, I did go with Rain Sensor and Lane departure Warning, Well, I could care less for both but it came with the Package I ordered (They make these in KC). Last week I was driving my E-150 and a Snowmobile was coming towards me on the side of the road, (it threw up a boulder and it broke my windshield) This guy was test driving the sled for a place that sells them just up the road, I go in and tell them what happened, Right away they were super defensive and one guy said it couldn't of came from the sled if he was coming towards me. He shut up when I told him I have it all on my dash camera, Seriously I do, Got home loaded the SD card and the rock was so big you can see it and hear it hit my van (it hit the top molding) I Love my dash Cam and it paid for itself already with that rock.

Sir, you bring up a good point.
during your walk around the vehicle, use your dash cam before and after your vehicle inspection with the date and clock on. Log it with the invoice number and save your end of the days logs on your computer incase you need to "prove" what condition the vehicle is/was in.
Just a thought.

I just saw some pics on the Transit Forum, The Left Body side door glass is fixed but this one had a movable vent style glass attached to the fixed part. Curious I went to my parts look up and I could not figure out what they call this part, going by size it looks to be a DD 12359 ??? But they are calling this a banded part for a school Bus (guessing passenger as well) Also, I have never seen the term W/9" for a Windshield. Guessing this is the Rain Sensor being none of the 4 available windshields actually say the term... Rain Sensor. only Bracket or No bracket, 3rd visor frit,solar, and Lane departure Warning, and that W/9" term. That has me confused a little

The 9"could be the width of the shaded band.

There are 3 different size of the van all different heights.. which is stupid.

The Transit is taking the E-series place. 2015 is the last year for the E-series, A Big Gamble for Ford, From January to December Ford sold 98,007 E Series Vans, Chevy Express- 73,741 - GMC Savana- 24,916, Sprinters-22,457
Pro Masters-15,003, Nissan NV- 13,336 NV-200- 11,853 -Transit Connect-38,198 and the Transit so far just 10,418
With that said since The Transit is just getting rolling The Month on November Ford Transit leads all sales with 4,851 units, 379 more than the Express

I like the 3 sizes of roof choices, But I did have to wonder why different part numbers for the 3 roof heights, What is odd is the low roof and the High roof have the same block size but different numbers, The Mid roof Windshield is almost 4 inches taller. I don't get that at all, I ordered the Mid roof Transit, I think the new Pro Master body is one Ugly vehicle, I also think the low roof Transit is a bit goofy looking as well.

Sir Slam A Lot
The Transit is taking the E-series place. 2015 is the last year for the E-series, A Big Gamble for Ford, From January to December Ford sold 98,007 E Series Vans, Chevy Express- 73,741 - GMC Savana- 24,916, Sprinters-22,457
Pro Masters-15,003, Nissan NV- 13,336 NV-200- 11,853 -Transit Connect-38,198 and the Transit so far just 10,418
With that said since The Transit is just getting rolling The Month on November Ford Transit leads all sales with 4,851 units, 379 more than the Express

I like the 3 sizes of roof choices, But I did have to wonder why different part numbers for the 3 roof heights, What is odd is the low roof and the High roof have the same block size but different numbers, The Mid roof Windshield is almost 4 inches taller. I don't get that at all, I ordered the Mid roof Transit, I think the new Pro Master body is one Ugly vehicle, I also think the low roof Transit is a bit goofy looking as well.

That does seem odd. If you look at the photos on the Transit website and sight across where the door glass is, the High roof version appears to have the taller windshield. We will see...

I'm looking forward to an opportunity to do one of these windshields. I'll be sure to get it on video when I do. If anyone out there within 100 miles of Sarasota Florida schedules one of these, please email me if you're interested in a Demo. danboehmer@rolladeck.net

Thanks
Dan

Does anyone have block size on DW02114 or DW02115

just did one yesterday next time I will measure it.. gravy job

Nice info. Thanks

I just realized you wanted the measurements and I threw one in the dumpster last night!

Thanks Larry I appreciate your posts they are helpful.When i posted i had one to do next 2 days it was dw2111 not bad to do except setting with lil buddy did't want to slide in place on drivers side but worked in.

The ones we have been doing are DW2107 , and DW2106 but we cant get the 2106 here so we have been using the 2105 and gluing a mirror button to it. What a pain in the NECK this van is to find what part it really is. I know i am wearing the dealer out having looking these parts up!

Did you pop the cowl off with the lil buddy? I have never done one of these with the lil buddy, they got me out doing sales calls and i am always the 2 man on these.. I like how easy they cut out!

Yes I pulled cowl my lil buddy got stuck in weird position it would not go over far enough to set pass side a mechanic walked by and i got him to push windshield in toward cab then i was able to slide it over.I guess i needed 2 buddys on that one,they are pain to look up the 9" 3rd visor is more like 11" and mine did not have sensor or camera.It did have back up camera mirror that little thing is $1000.

I finally had the opportunity to do one of these. Larry's right it is a piece of cake. Just like any other modern flush mount without trim there's no room for error on the set. Here's a complete video enjoy
https://youtu.be/KxIsDeo7dbg

great video. thanks

pefect, glad we could both could be informative. I got another one this week I will whip out the lil buddy on it.. I am using a Pro 1, last time i had an issue was on a nissan NV i had my measurments way out of whack because of the flat door glass (i assume) And you are right it is a huge PITA looking up the part #, we just do a dealer lookup...

Larry
I just realized you wanted the measurements and I threw one in the dumpster last night!

The model in my video is 42" tall in the center with the 83" roof. I measured a high roof model today and it is 42" as well. Cowl and wipers appear to be the same. The difference on the high roof model I saw today is it doesn't have the brackets for lane dep, and rain sensor, only a GM Bullet style slide on mirror bracket mounted near the bottom of the 3rd visor as opposed to the euro style twist off triangle bracket.

Doing one of these soon and trying to figure out the correct part. Customer sent me a couple of pics, it has a window/ clear spot in the frit for the camera, and a small round transparent spot next to it which looks like a rainsensor location. Inside it has a huge plastic cover. Customer doesn't know if it has rainsensor or lane departure. If it has the windows does it have the sensor and camera ? or do some not have the camera or sensor but still have the large cover and clear spots in the frit ?

this is certainly a time that I wish the w/s had the part number on it ....

100.8 roof model

thanks,dave

I have demonstrated the Solo Neo on this windshield. It was a full size transit. We put the Urethane on the glass and used the Solo Neo to install all with one person.

The one i did was the middle roof i think was 100.8 it did not have camera or sensor but had spot for camera and mirror bracket was twist off DW02111

These are cake just have to select the correct part. I've seen the different models, size and cowl assembly is the same just different value added parts for the mirror/ rain sensor etc. Cut out like butter, you could apply the bead to the glass if you prefer I just choose to apply to the body to center with factory applied urethane and to control the bead height and volume https://youtu.be/KxIsDeo7dbg

Mark from AEGIS
I have demonstrated the Solo Neo on this windshield. It was a full size transit. We put the Urethane on the glass and used the Solo Neo to install all with one person.

That was an Amazing Video mark!!

The Solo Neo By Aegis is the best!

We just bought 4 of them Today!

glassman59
The one i did was the middle roof i think was 100.8 it did not have camera or sensor but had spot for camera and mirror bracket was twist off DW02111

Its really stupid, if it did have a camera there is a little place where it like plugs into . Why not just make one windshield? bunch of *******s.

Larry
Mark from AEGIS

That was an Amazing Video mark!!

The Solo Neo By Aegis is the best!

We just bought 4 of them Today!

Wow, Thank you Larry. If you need any coaching let me know.

These installation instructions apply to Ford Transit 2.2 liter diesel vehicles - for validity, see page 2 - from model year 2007 and later, assuming technical modifications to the vehicle do not affect installation, any liability claims excluded. Depending on the vehicle version and equipment, modifications may be necessary during installation with respect to these installation instructions.

http://www.traininginsholinganallur.in/hadoop-training-in-chennai.html

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com