AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GMC-Chevy - Dealship claims windshield leaks

Anyone have suggestions on this situation?

Usually two or three times a year a Chevy or GMC customer calls with claim of water leak coming from windshield and it turns out to be the air intake/floor vent coming from under cowling. And usually customer takes car to dealership, and useless service advisor goes right to "must be windshield" and i get a call to pay for water damage.

Stinks that i have to do job dealership was paid to do, diagnos leak.

Has anyone succesfully billed dealership for situation like this?

Thank you

Re: GMC-Chevy - Dealship claims windshield leaks

It's called " Customer Service"

I charge a $115 Diagnostic fee.. That Generally cures me wasting time, and puts a little profit into doing something. Plus a dealer if they actually got off their high horse and did the diagnostic would charge a small fortune.

Have a talk with the service advisor. Let them know that most windshield leaks are not the windshield in all. Make sure they respect you as a professional and they will have their own techs do the searching before wasting your time.

Ben
Have a talk with the service advisor. Let them know that most windshield leaks are not the windshield in all. Make sure they respect you as a professional and they will have their own techs do the searching before wasting your time.

Ben, refer to them as water leaks as opposed to a windshield leak. After all one doesn't know the windshield is leaking until you prove it or disprove it.

Keep in mind that the 2014 Chevy GMC pickup dw 2040/41 that top right hand corner about 3 or 4 inches in is where they done there joint..the urethane adhesive is not sticking to the body.this will flood the floor board and it's pretty common in all the newer GM cars,trucks and SUVs..you can try sealing from the inside BUT DON'T it's a waste of time..let the dealer know you can only warranty your installation.no warranty on a reseal and if they want to try the reseal first then charge them..but good communication with the service writer is the key ti billing

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com