AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TO MANY OPTIONS ON WINDSHIELDS

I swear its a pain in the butt these days with all the options and colors of windshields these days, and most customers don't even know what they have...
I just did a 2015 Suburban and got an OEM windshield for it and it has what appears to be a heads up projector lens on the dash and does have lane departure, rain sensor, forward crash and the numbers match from new and old windshield and there is heads up available and dealer says its the right one, I agree but anybody know what is the projector on dash for

Re: TO MANY OPTIONS ON WINDSHIELDS

About a month ago we did a 2015 suburban fully loaded, rain sensor, acoustic, lane departure, crash detection. Don't know off the top of my head the NAGS #. IT WAS extremely EXPENSIVE. The Rain sensor, we know about, Lane departure was crazy. Drift to the left and your left butt cheek on the seat would vibrate, drift right the right cheek vibrates. Back up to any object both cheeks vibrate. The heads up display will light up on mirrors, left right and on glass forward for crash detection. crazy **** crap for sure. The final bill was just under 2K. anyone doing these cheap should be beheaded. FOR SURE YES TOO MANY OPTIONS! NO VIN WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED. you need to do your research, and choose wisely. Good luck hacks you can NOT handle this job!

I was told by the dealer that all the dashes are made like that no matter what options they have, sure makes it confusing! I think you used a DW2134GBY ? We have been doing a ton of these, really easy job with a stupid routing of the rain sensor wire.

Also wait till you work on a 2015 Chrysler 200, your going to loose it when you see all the options, not to mention that no one carries it but the dealer and depending on when you order it can be a long wait, luckily the last 2 i got was in 3 days the 1st one tok 3 weeks :(

Also the new Dart, they changed the Frit, and your going to have to pay out the nose for this AND wait 1 month to get it...

Factory Glass should start putting NAGS part numbers on the Windshields. Customers don't know what they have and don't have, The New Jeep Cherokee has 22 Windshield options, 2014 Ford Transit Connect has 14. This is CRAZY!!!!!!!

Sir Slam A Lot
Factory Glass should start putting NAGS part numbers on the Windshields. Customers don't know what they have and don't have, The New Jeep Cherokee has 22 Windshield options, 2014 Ford Transit Connect has 14. This is CRAZY!!!!!!!

??????????????? Do you think before you write things?????????????????????
Car manufacturers putting AFTERMARKET part numbers on factory OEM windshields, to make it easier for you to buy a glass, NOT from the dealer, would be like you slipping Safelite business cards in the glove box after every windshield replacement you do.
Ooops........

The only way to tell which options are on a vehicle, is to have a Service Writer pull up the vehicle build using the VIN. It takes about 5 minutes to go through these line by line just to figure out what options are installed. Having a good working relationship really helps in getting this info. GM and Ford have the best system. Toyota build sheets are confusing as hell.

Pretty sure I have seen some Carlite windshields from the factory with the NAGS part number on the bottom of the Bug.

Sir Slam A Lot
Pretty sure I have seen some Carlite windshields from the factory with the NAGS part number on the bottom of the Bug.

I can not ever recall a ford NOT having one.

to too two

feel bad vs feel badly: transitive vs intransitive verbs

Irving worked at a leather factory sorting skins by touching them. He burned his hands and was unable to work for a while. His boss felt bad that Irving was feeling badly.

Sir Slam A Lot

My Mopar parts from the dealer come with a NAGS # on them so did the door glass for a new 200 that you can not even get aftermarket anywhere..

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com