AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trying out DOW Express & One. Not standing well, normal?

Hey guys just a quick question I was given a sample of those two urethenes. I like the fact that it's a 1 hour dat and both are rated down to zero degrees. What I've found is they don't stand very well and the bead will "flop" over. I'm using the included pre cut tips. I know alot of people use these glues, just looking for some tips on application techniques. Thanks!

Re: Trying out DOW Express & One. Not standing well, normal?

You must apply the products with the applicator tip at a 90 degree angle to the substrate. The products are very thick, if you try to apply at a 45 it will roll around at the top of the v like ribbon candy. All urethanes require this method of application to avoid trapped air pockets and to ensure proper decking. You also want to avoid over heating these products.

If you have your urethane too hot, it will do this as well.

there is a chemical in one, you should not need to heat it up... and Express normal version does not have this chemical.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com