AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cordless power cut out tools

Suddenly in the market for a new express-like product since both of mine died a month apart- Been a while since I looked and I am seeing the 18 volt's are no longer being peddled anymore. Any recommendations? I have a bunch of 18 volt dewalt batteries too- dang it!

Also thinking wire tool... looks like I'll be spending some cash!

Re: cordless power cut out tools

I use the Equalizer 360, It's my go to tool for cut outs, I bought a Black opps thinking I could get in tighter places with it however, it is under powered and I rarely use it... I also purchased a Viper wire cut out tool and I wish I could say I like it,.... But I really hate pulling it out. in all fairness to Equalizer, I struggle with this tool, I know its all about angles, I have watched the video a bunch of times, I have issues coming down the last pillar to finish it up, my wire ends up breaking and its frustrating. I wish they had a better training or how to video. My son is going to get a battery operated one. Also, I did see that Extractor has a little mini Milwaukee saw they made into a cut out tool, I have that exact tool and thought about making my own for just cutting off the stops at the top corners of the windshields when I have to use wire. I think 120v is the way to go if you have an inverter or generator. I want full power 100% of the time.

replace the handle and trigger and make it a lithium ion 20v. direct replacement and works fine. if you have plenty of batteries or the parts from dewalt. usually the bushings, trigger, or handle. if not dewalt near by, call the nearest service center and they will gladly order for you. look up the parts diagram on dewalts web sight. you should have the type 2 sawsall. its the one with the metal xrp tab on the top of the tool.

We offer a cordless wire winder.

Rick,

There is actually a cord ;) it just goes to the unit :) The 360 is a piece of crap with the little wheel you have to turn to release the blade... If your doing big rigs like 1451 then you might like it otherwise it is over kill...

Larry

I currently use a milwaukee 28v cordless extractor, i absolutely love it i charge both of my batteries at home to get a full charge. I get through the week with both batteries doing 3-6 cuts a day. Its pretty powerful only con is changing the blade but each blade does about 200 cuts before it breaks or bends.

autoglasses
I currently use a milwaukee 28v cordless extractor, i absolutely love it i charge both of my batteries at home to get a full charge. I get through the week with both batteries doing 3-6 cuts a day. Its pretty powerful only con is changing the blade but each blade does about 200 cuts before it breaks or bends.

Get a clean Sine Wave inverter in your van to use the charger. Nothing sux more then a dead battery during a cutout. We also keep the corded 120V version in the vans also. Trust me its a beast on the semi trucks......

If you keep the blades sharp and well lubricated with water during the cut outs you will easily get 300 ws removals without a problem

xs
autoglasses

Get a clean Sine Wave inverter in your van to use the charger. Nothing sux more then a dead battery during a cutout. We also keep the corded 120V version in the vans also. Trust me its a beast on the semi trucks......

If you keep the blades sharp and well lubricated with water during the cut outs you will easily get 300 ws removals without a problem

yeah i heard the corded milwaukees are beasts also i have to look into one. I have a corded weak stingray as a back up.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com