AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
chev back glass

DB9384 OR 9383 05 GM P/UP HT OR NON HEAT. NO WHERE TO BE FOUND THEY ARE ON BACK ORDER FROM A SLOW BOAT FROM CHINA. NONE are available from PGW or PILK. WOW! This what we get from tooling out to CHINA! Don't break your back glass on a gm p/up! This should be headline news! WOW!

Re: chev back glass

Not to be a jerk, but you posted the wrong #'s mygrant has many of these all over, what town are u in?

PGW Quick Response has 946 of them.....

You want me to ship you one?

Larry

Midwest Shop-stop bashing all the distributors...do your research and pick up the phone AND CALL somebody-they are all there to help you and if you did that they would search out and find it for you... if they do not have it-they do it for me all the time AND I APPRECIATE their help-no one is perfect. Don't get on here and bash them-your probably not even in the Glass Business..if more people supported each other on this site instead of using it as a STUPID bashing place this forum would have more traffic like it used to. And not everyone tools out to China-Mygrant, PGW, Pilk-all have product from North America-GIVE EM A BREAK WILL YA!!

Yes I posted the wrong #'s took it off the top of my brain, and that was wrong! SORRY!

DB9483gt or gb and db9484 gt or gb Jack, get back in your box and chill out! I never bashed any distributor. you need to learn how to read and not interject your own garbage.

YES we Talked to PGW and Pilkington on line and direct phone calls. I did my homework. NONE in Fargo to Duluth to the Twin cities. NONE in state. So I asked them both WHERE they have any, They said straight out NONE show up anywhere! They have been out since October and both PGW And PILK have some coming in They hoped this month. If Mygrant had some wouldn't pilk or PGW buy some back? Not sure.

The point is there are shortages of some parts. this is one of those. Seems strange such a common part would run out.

JACK you really need some social skills. I have been in this business maybe longer than you have been on this planet. And yes my distributors are very good at finding what we need. But when they both are OUT this gets my attention. I even called several other glass people and they said "no way" So they called and found out the same thing.... Now who is not doing their homework? Maybe you could use some schooling.

So If anyone finds some in a warehouse somewhere, I would love to let PGW and pilk know where to find them. List where and on Monday I will call them the good news.

Thanks for any constructive help. As for the Jack's of this forum please just go away or get back in your box.

AGR Quick Response has 946 of them.... safelie has them myg has them? where r u at I will order you one at SL and you can will call it...

IF YOU WANT i wont make crap but at least it will help you...

Thanks Larry. I am in NW MN no safejunk near me and I bought from them 1 time only. It was about 18 years ago, and I learned my lesson the first time. So nope. No place to p/up, and no delivery.

Pgw, and pilk have some coming and will have to wait maybe another week or 2.

From what I am seeing some parts will get tougher to find!

Midwest-my apologies...sometimes it just gets too much out here..my friends back East tell me LOF has about 150 of these in their main warehouse in Columbus...sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

We are currently waiting to hear from PGW that has a batch coming to our nearest warehouse that is 100 miles away! If we are lucky we may get one just before Christmas or just after! I tried to get Santa to bring a few but the sleigh was overfull already. LOL. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

You could have got this thru Quick Response and had it the next day. And safelite does not even make this part, i am not so narrow minded that i would let a customer be without a back glass for any reason...

but that is just me

no Larry, I tried everything. You can get up on your high horse all you want, some area's you have "no clue". Where I am at these back glass have been IMPOSSIBLE to get. when you are hundreds of miles from the nearest distributor you do the best you can.
I am just glad we will have our customer taken care of soon.

And by the way oh great one Larry bachman,,,,, if the customer had other choices they would have gone right to you. What a jerk

Oh boy...Midwest-you also could have Called Pilk and they could have gotten for you as well out of Ohio. PGW/Pilk/and Mygrant I believe really do what to sell glass..sometimes its just a matter of talking with the right person and for them to help you out-seems odd with both of them having the part that no one is willing to get it for you in a timely manner-I understand the logistics part...but these companies always find a way for us.

YES JACK we did call PILK They had NONE and didn't know when they would have any. OH BOY, can you really read? WOW!!!!!!!

Larry
You could have got this thru Quick Response and had it the next day. And safelite does not even make this part, i am not so narrow minded that i would let a customer be without a back glass for any reason...

but that is just me

Yes I tried quick response They said NO don't have it for my area. WHAT PART DONT"T YOU GET? So then you call me narrow-minded. hmmm You are an a s s. So if you could NOT get the part what do you do c ra p one out, use your magic wand. Please tell us oh GREAT Larry how you pull a tempered back lite out your a z z ...... No pictures please, that will leave nightmares.

Anyone here want to step up and tell Midwest he does not know what the heck he is talking about PGW Quick Response.... now would they call it that if it took 3 weeks to get it NO QUICK as in very fast. Quick Response covers the country it is NOT regionally based...

Jack in the Box
Oh boy...Midwest-you also could have Called Pilk and they could have gotten for you as well out of Ohio. PGW/Pilk/and Mygrant I believe really do what to sell glass..sometimes its just a matter of talking with the right person and for them to help you out-seems odd with both of them having the part that no one is willing to get it for you in a timely manner-I understand the logistics part...but these companies always find a way for us.

Jack there is some people that are beyond Help. He asked where he could get one I told him and he got ****ed. If i was a plumber lets say and someone could not use water in the house because of a part and i could have it overnight to get them water again I would do it. I wonder what part of MN he is in? And PGW DOES buy out from safelite all the time and Safelite from PGW

Midwest, Have you gotten back with your local PGW yet? There is stock of the DB09483 YPN in many warehouses across the country, if you are looking for a GTN part that will be much harder.

Larry and Mr. Warehouse-not sure why Midwest is so upset..first he says he wants a GB in a back glass-then a GT-puts out the wrong nubmer.. on a vehicle where 99% are grey..the only tints are sent over seas and special ordered at the factory...I'm not sure he is even in the glass business... GB is only for shin wields. You gotta love this guy!! He cracks me up...he could have had glass the next day from PGW, Mygrant, and LOF...let's see if he takes the bait. Can't wait to meet the guy. And Larry I have met you a few times-your a good man-we appreciate your humor and candor!! God Bless!!

Jack in the Box
Larry and Mr. Warehouse-not sure why Midwest is so upset..first he says he wants a GB in a back glass-then a GT-puts out the wrong nubmer.. on a vehicle where 99% are grey..the only tints are sent over seas and special ordered at the factory...I'm not sure he is even in the glass business... GB is only for shin wields. You gotta love this guy!! He cracks me up...he could have had glass the next day from PGW, Mygrant, and LOF...let's see if he takes the bait. Can't wait to meet the guy. And Larry I have met you a few times-your a good man-we appreciate your humor and candor!! God Bless!!

Mr. Warehouse yes pgw just got them in And we got the job done wed am. as for Jack off in the box,,, you sir crack me up and you really need to learn how to read. If I could have gotten that back glass the next day I would have. In Northern MN they were UNAVAILABLE whether you can get your pea brain to understand that or not it was just a FACT JACK.

Anyway since the Jack man And Larry could not understand the reason of the post, being about certain area shortages oh well some get it some never will. What the heck is a shin wields? Maybe the jack makes mistakes too OOPPPS!

Your a funny guy Midwest-next time have your sales guy/call center/or CSR at PGW or LOF get one out of their main warehouse on their next Depot delivery-which 9 times out of 10 is within a week-then have it delivered to the closest glass shop on their run that goes closest to you-then you go pick it up there. No extra cost and it should be there in a week or earlier..pretty simple..Glad you got the job done-all Larry and I were trying to do is help you-heck I've only been in the business 30+ years...what do I know-shoot I can't even spell...it was a joke...Merry Christmas...

MidWest doesnt have a salespeople. he is just a 1 man tailgate hacker wanna be auto glass company

Nope I do Not have A "SALESPEOPLE". NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL. So many haters with way too much time on their hands......WOW!

midwest shop
Nope I do Not have A "SALESPEOPLE". NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL. So many haters with way too much time on their hands......WOW!

But at least we can look up the correct part# LOSER.

midwest shop

I am just going to throw this out there. I will com run your shop my way for 2 weeks you do it your way for 2 weeks we shall see who is more profitable.

I win you tell me how great I am, You win I will come on here and say I just do not get how to run a business. Remember I had 23 people working for me which I got started with a few thousand dollar and a lot of hard work

Larry
midwest shop
Remember I had 23 people working for me which I got started with a few thousand dollar and a lot of hard work

Key word is "HAD"

Kouldnt have been that good. All your shops closed and you startin from scratch again!

"HAD" you been good as you say. It would be "STILL" working for you

Blow Thez
Larry
midwest shop
Remember I had 23 people working for me which I got started with a few thousand dollar and a lot of hard work

Key word is "HAD"

Kouldnt have been that good. All your shops closed and you startin from scratch again!

"HAD" you been good as you say. It would be "STILL" working for you

Had it been working for someone else they wouldn't have had to devalue their company 120+ million and can 100+ employees.

By the way, PGWs are cram packed full of chinese garbage.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com