AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Primerless Urethane

Saw a post on this from 2007. I was wondering what the situation on primerless urethane is now that it's less than a month shy of 2015.

In particular, I called a shop (I'm a consumer) to replace my windshield (actually I would prefer to have it "fixed" - I have wiper scratches - but every place I've called except one says it has to be replaced, they can't fix it. The one that says it's a possibility is coming tomorrow to take a look and give me his opinion on it in person).

So, after calling almost every auto glass place in town, I had a long discussion with one guy that cautioned me to make sure they (whoever I decided to use) used primer if I didn't go with his shop.

So then I started asking informed questions of the next shop. He says he doesn't use primer, he uses primerless urethane. He says he guarantees/warranties the labor for life, but not the glass (other than what the manufacturer provides, 1 year for defects).

So, the question is.... does the primerless guy know what he's doing or not? 28 years in the business, never had a problem, yada yada yada.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Primerless Urethane

That's not been my experience. The AGSC shops are generally the top tier ones and any complaints I have had, AGSC has gotten on it. So report them to AGSC.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com