AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Auto glass to Axe 180 people

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/business/100-branches-autoglass-close-loss-4760722

Re: Auto glass to Axe 180 people

larry
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/business/100-branches-autoglass-close-loss-4760722

WOW.... What happened to the 5 Slavelite value's. Our associates are our most valuable assets?

They are centered around their customer service? What about their employee's that make them the $$$$$ ????. Where's Belron's loyalty to the employee's????

Rite during the holidayz too no less... Thought they posted all this increase in bizness of market share???? The Giant is slowly feelin the weight on the knee's. You know what happen's when the knee's give out....

The Hive hasno loyalty to the drone. The Drone is only tolerated as long as it is useful, then cast out to die when it's usefulness has ended. The poor Drones never wise up.
JMHO

You do realize this is in the UK right? Has NOTHING to do with the U.S. Not to mention, they are not laying off techs. They are laying off non-revenue employees.
Since most of you have never traveled a distance further than your IQ levels, I won't pretend that you would understand the current global economy.

Pond jumper
You do realize this is in the UK right? Has NOTHING to do with the U.S. Not to mention, they are not laying off techs. They are laying off non-revenue employees.
Since most of you have never traveled a distance further than your IQ levels, I won't pretend that you would understand the current global economy.

Does it really matter's where it happens? It's still people lives that have families to support.

So what your saying is that managers and customer service representatives are non income revenue producing people? Well customer service representatives do schedule and answer the phones and assist potential customer inquires. The managers coordinate the techs and supports the staff to make the money.

Current global economy are just links in the chain. They are all connected. When one link fails, the entire chain is compromised.

Pond jumper

"Autoglass, owned by Belron, a family-run business based in the US, said the latest changes followed a company wide review of its operations."

Did anyone or you read the full article??
The above line was taken from the middle of the article.
Sort of makes me think that there are more mis-truths in the article, or is it really a family-run business based in the US??
Do you really think "corporate mentality" or "corporate philosophy" is different, in different countries?
And the fact that you think that the techs are the ONLY employees that produce revenue, shows your IQ is less than your age.
Ooops...

It also says they are going to start doing weird things with the hours, flex pay or something I am paraphrasing as I read this article many hours ago. So what I gathered is they are doing the you can work but you will work when we tell you, want to go to church on Sunday , nah your going to FEDEX to do 8 Of them ignorant flat windows! :)

Sounds like nobody brought up the obvious...

Completely, totally and entirely self inflicted.

Nothing new about this....

Anybody remember; close all of the stores in the USA and create markets of drop box - storage center based techs?

It worked extremely well until winter came, especially in New England.

BTW: Who needs Managers & CSRs?

Learn the hard way - again!

Larry, what do you want to axe those people? If they want to move here and work for you?

The bigger you are...the harder you fall

Who is falling?

Boom
Who is falling?

Your father that you dont know

history repeating itself again... but, they usually come back strong after they save some cash and recycle some employees.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com