AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pathways to Profit (Editor Comments)

Interesting that everybody knows glass is being sold without the proper profit, so the solution is to sell associated products. wouldn't common sense tell a shop to raise the price, if the profit isn't there, is this entire industry tethered with puppet strings? Why aren't the industry leaders (especially including industry magazines) guiding the industry away from selling based on price alone? Not everybody wants to buy at those who want to be walmart, kmart, target; not everybody drives the cheapest car on the lot, why sell as if that is the only customer base?
Time for the magazine to change and offer some serious guidance; crossing into another industry isn't the message for the industry as a whole.

http://onlinedigeditions.com/publication/06?i=2346

Re: Pathways to Profit (Editor Comments)

I think the major holdback on prices is due to a saturated work force of independent 1 truck mobile installers.They do come and go but theres a steady stream flowing into the market.In the 70's it was more difficult to get pricing on glass the way established shops did this kept the playing field more even. The only way I see a change would be a standard labor rate per nags hour, either in shop, or mobile would be charged accordingly,and different area's of the country would have there own rates.If we were able to charge a decent rate per hour for labor we could join all the other trades that have standard rates, and and can show a profit.Just my 2 cents worth I have been on both ends of shop n mobile, and just mobile.

It's called the O&A and it's voluntary.

I was referring to cash,dealer,or fleet customers.

our cash, fleet, and even all direct bill accounts have a higher labor rate than what networks want to pay. It is not rocket science, it is just simple business.We are fighting insurance companies trying to price fix. some cave in and some of us do NOT. We get paid in full for proper labor rates. You just need to learn how to collect. it is really simple, you just have to learn basic procedure practices. Those who know can do, those who don't know struggle. it is not magic, it is simple procedure.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com