AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lynx tactics

It's nice to see that Lynx has changed their tactics under their new ownership, LOL.. One of my repeat customers just called me and said Lynx couldn't get ahold of us. That's funny since our location, phone number, and fax number hasn't changed in well over 30 years.
Our customer has no deductible but was told if he uses us he would have out of pocket expense and no warranty. They wanted him to use a company whose nearest shop is 80+ miles away. He had a bad experience with that company in the past and told them no way. They called him back twice claiming they couldn't reach us and tried again to steer him. Finally he picked up the phone and called. He got us on his first try. Imagine that!!!
I can't immagine how many jobs we lose because of Lynx and Safelites steering tactics.

Re: Lynx tactics

Sounds just like the other THIRD PARTY ADMINASTATOR, Oh we cant find them in the system, there phone number doesn't come up, or they are not a preferred provider and we TPA can't warranty any of there work or services.. LOL bla, bla, bla. Any self respecting glass installer or shop will warranty there own work and products they use or install, always try to get your customers to call you first. It is AMAZING how fast they find you when the shop calls first then bring the customer in the conversation.

Smiley
It's nice to see that Lynx has changed their tactics under their new ownership, LOL.. One of my repeat customers just called me and said Lynx couldn't get ahold of us. That's funny since our location, phone number, and fax number hasn't changed in well over 30 years.
Our customer has no deductible but was told if he uses us he would have out of pocket expense and no warranty. They wanted him to use a company whose nearest shop is 80+ miles away. He had a bad experience with that company in the past and told them no way. They called him back twice claiming they couldn't reach us and tried again to steer him. Finally he picked up the phone and called. He got us on his first try. Imagine that!!!
I can't immagine how many jobs we lose because of Lynx and Safelites steering tactics.

I do not think you can service 80 miles away from your service center...

Smiley

its amazing how you know your shops numbers (in some cases all 4 or 5 of them) and the ph don't imagine that, lol sounds to me like an advertising mess up on your part brother. may want to cut the number of phone lines down if you cant remember which one you gave us when you first signed on to take our jobs, lol. i can garuntee no ph was told that for sure they would have out of pocket expense, our phrase is (paraphrasing because its really not something i wish to quote) "with them not having a prior agreement with us and a legal requierment for them to agree, we can not garuntee you will only be responsable for your ded't. and of course your warrantee will be limited to what the shop of YOUR CHOICE offers." insurance companies arent going to recommend any one shop if they are asking to be paid 2500.00 dollars for a windshield in a 1995 toyota 4runner. thats not how smart and successfull buisness is done. promise.

LYNX very shady.

LYNX representative called us the other day for a Windshield replacement, we were unable to get part same day and customer wanted to find another shop that could do mobile service same day. LYNX representative pushed Slite in-shop service while i was still on call with customer!

Customer stated he did not want to drive in and wait, and that they already called Slite before calling me, but Slite was booking two weeks out. But LYNX rep was pushing very hard. Customer finally gave in, and started claim with Slite.

A few hours later customer calls me with a question. Apparently Slite asked customer for their agents name and number? Customer wanted to know if this is industry standard to get this information. I told customer no, usually no need to contact agent.
Customer informs me Slite wanted customer agent info to direct bill agent.

Wouldn't this approach cut LYNX out of their fee's ?

Me:
I can honestly say I can't completely understand your comment, but let me clarify a few things. I have four lines at my shop and all of them roll over, so it doesn't matter which one you call. The same is true of the toll free numbers. Lynx has known these numbers from their beginning. By the way, my business pre-dates lynx by many years.

I am not on the Lynx network. I would rather eat shards of glass. And it's possible that the customer mentioned in my first comment lied, but it's amazing how many customers tell me the same "lies".

lol, by all means, the shards of glass are waiting, in any event, the simple fact of the matter is, Lynx and safelite as well as quest and gerber have been instructed to go through these procedures by the insurance companies that keep your lights on at home and the family fed, not sure why there is so much animosity towards TPAs dont like what we offer get your part contract pulled or dont get one to begin with, then you have the right to ask what ever you want for the job, take what we pay and get the rest from the insured. its fairly simple.

We have the same problem with safelite solutions. We have a fleet account that has used safelite in the past. They were not happy with their service and told me they wanted to use us. The AGENT calls us to schedule the work and EVERY single time when he calls safelite they tell him they can't get ahold of us. We've had the same phone number since we've been in business. The funny thing is, the agent said he can't stand calling in the claims and would rather start paying us directly to make sure his fleet client is taken care of. Another day in the battle in the auto glass industry...

Quote Me "then you have the right to ask what ever you want for the job, take what we pay and get the rest from the insured. its fairly simple."

Me, the scenario you describe is not contained in policy the insured purchased. The insured purchased a policy to indemnify his loss, that is a separate contract from the contract of repair between shop owner and vehicle owner. TPA/Insurers don't have the right to negotiate pricing without exercising the right of repair and assuming liability for those repairs.

Thanks for the heads up, haven't checked in as of late.

It will be interesting to see if you have a job Monday once the TPA determines your identity; if you are truly "employed". You realize TPAs have a strict policy concerning their "truths"; and dissemination of such. Upon your dismissal, should that occur, we would appreciate discussing more of your employment experiences.

me
lol, by all means, the shards of glass are waiting, in any event, the simple fact of the matter is, Lynx and safelite as well as quest and gerber have been instructed to go through these procedures by the insurance companies that keep your lights on at home and the family fed, not sure why there is so much animosity towards TPAs dont like what we offer get your part contract pulled or dont get one to begin with, then you have the right to ask what ever you want for the job, take what we pay and get the rest from the insured. its fairly simple.

If it weren't so pathetic that so many in the industry fall for this rhetoric, it would be ridiculously funny. But, since so many do, it's really not funny at all.

This person believes that the Networks are told to follow and invoke these procedures by the insurers, who didn't sell an HMO/PPO policy, but are delivering one, aren't in the contract of repair, but acting like the they are, and claim to pay/offer a fair and reasonable market price, then expunge any record of what the market charges by auditing and short paying any invoices that fall outside of their "allowances" or "offers" and make the consumer pay the difference.

Further, this person believes that "the insurance companies...keep your lights on at home and the family fed". If this perverted logic were somehow true, why stop there, let's just go find the rocks on the road that are truly responsible for keeping our lights on and our families fed, and negotiate directly with them. Insurers are no more responsible for our income than MasterCard or Visa is; they're just a method of payment the consumer chose to use. Insurers can no more insert themselves into the contract of repair over the amount paid than MC or Visa can, and can you imagine what would be said if MC or Visa claimed to short pay bills in order to keep costs down for consumers as a whole? And before he responds with such, I've yet to see policy language that allows an insurer to only pay a certain amount so they can keep rates down for other insureds.

I can't finish this with anything better than YEAF's sig line: "Who's the customer?" It sure as he11 isn't the TPA, nor the insurer.

And, while we're here, with no animosity or slamming, but just the facts, ma'am, just the facts, what exactly is a "parts contract" anyway?

Can't wait for that answer....

JMHNLO

You just can't make this garbage up! There are actually real people like "me" who actually think they know ANYTHING? WOW. Well put Mark1 THANK YOU I was wondering how to respond to crap so ridiculous that I was stunned for a bit in disbelief. UNREAL. I thought I stepped into the "TWILIGHT ZONE"

Thank you Mark. Me obviously is an employee trying to justify what he does to keep his job. What they pay him is irrelevant. What he and his fellow employees do is simply immoral. They can say they were just following orders, but isn't that the same defense nazi war criminals used? Anyone with a conscience would not continue to lie to our customers. They would find another job.

Many years ago before I started my business I worked for an insurance company. I had a wife and toddler to feed and another child on the way. It was the easiest job and the best money I had had up to that point, but I woke up sick every day. I couldn't stand doing what the company asked me to do. After seven months I had to quit. My eyes were truly opened.

I've beaten my body to a pulp over the last 40 years, but I wouldn't change a thing. I sleep like a baby with a clean conscience.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com