AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Auto Glass Week

I have attended the last several Auto Glass Weeks. Due to the fact that it was again, in the East, I decided not to attend this year. However, after talking to several suppliers, whom did not choose to have a "booth", I am appalled by the way you and your organization are penalizing them for not paying the outrageous cost of having a "booth" at the show. I am told by several suppliers, that since they did not choose to pay the cost to have a display on the "Exhibit Floor", that they could not even "walk the floor" unless they paid approximately $1000.00 to do so. Yes, $1000.00 not $100.00. What are you so concerned about? Many of these suppliers have been very loyal to your organization thru the years. It only affirms my belief that this show is only to line your pockets. I would like an explanation as to why someone who works for a supplier, can not attend unless they pay "Blood Money" to do so.
Would love to hear your reasoning for this policy.

Re: Auto Glass Week

Glass Shop, Here is a riddle for you.

How "loyal" could the vendors that refused to by a booth and support our industry be if they refused to buy a booth and support our industry?

If you want to sell glass stuff to the glass industry you need to be a the national show!

Glass Shop Owner
I have attended the last several Auto Glass Weeks. Due to the fact that it was again, in the East, I decided not to attend this year. However, after talking to several suppliers, whom did not choose to have a "booth", I am appalled by the way you and your organization are penalizing them for not paying the outrageous cost of having a "booth" at the show. I am told by several suppliers, that since they did not choose to pay the cost to have a display on the "Exhibit Floor", that they could not even "walk the floor" unless they paid approximately $1000.00 to do so. Yes, $1000.00 not $100.00. What are you so concerned about? Many of these suppliers have been very loyal to your organization thru the years. It only affirms my belief that this show is only to line your pockets. I would like an explanation as to why someone who works for a supplier, can not attend unless they pay "Blood Money" to do so.
Would love to hear your reasoning for this policy.

They said it was record everything? apparently not record vendors? I do not know had a lot of things going on, I did plan to attend. Most glass people drink , have a better chance of catching customers in a bar, and have a 1000 bar bill... just saying.

Hey CT--- Here's a riddle back for you:

Who profits from the proceeds of the sale of booths, "the industry" or the organizer? Wake up!!

And your statement that if you want to sell stuff to the glass industry you need to be at the national show---------- that is pure, absolute, unadulterated horse manure!!

Some years back, Sears sold the Sears Tower in Chicago. The new owner changed the name to the Willis Tower. Me and most people continue to call it the Sears Tower. A guy told me that's not fair because the new owner PAID FOR THE NAMING RIGHTS! I told the guy that until I get MY CHECK, I'll call it whatever I want to!!!

As someone who was involved with running the national show for many years, I can appreciate the amount of time and effort that goes into it.

If you think that the show is run for the profit of the show management......you are right! On the other hand, the true benefit of the show is for the vendors who get to meet old and new customers, and the glass shop attendees who see vendors and new products that are of interest to them.

If a supplier wants to "walk the floor" without contributing to the expense of running the show, it seems a bit short sighted of them.....if all suppliers felt the same way, would there even be a show?

Ira I e-mailed Mygrants REP about getting DW 941 to San Diego. This thread should be called "AUTO GLASS, WEAK"

There must be about 125 years experience between the 2 of you young fellas.

Lee, you bring up an interesting point. the reduction in profit lowering the available stock in the warehouse. at what point will parts trader/Duncan system model be introduced to further reduce the profit for the industry?

If a supplier needs a show to meet his old and new customers, he's in trouble anyways. Don't they meet them back in their own market?

Long Gone-if you work for one of the distributors or one of the suppliers you have the opportunity to meet many customers-but in some cases you travel alot across the states or around a region and you may not see someone for 3 or 6 or more months-not on purpose.. its just the way most folks have to do business. So this gives us the chance to see people again and talk about old times, new times and present new products or ideas to them just in case we haven't seen them in awhile. And there are some really good seminars to attend. Everyone knows the show should not be done every year and it should be done every other year, but for some reason its still that way, as most feel we would get more attendees if it was every other year. Change takes time-hopefully some day that will happen.

What if were quarterly by region?

Or every second year, alternating between East Coast region and West Coast region. Then each side of the country is not having to go each year and exhibitors are also not having the expense of more than one per year

I have just got to say I love my BTB LOVE IT, if you do R&I and your not using the BTB your missing the most amazing tool ever!!!

LOL Larry. BTB for an R & I? OMG !! NFW ! M-O-U-S-E WTF?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com