AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TRUE STORY!

I as called in to look at a 2010 Charger RT with a windshield leak TDC. I noticed it had an FY windshield, BUT according to the customer he had the glass put in and it stared leaking so he called the glass guy, glass guy tested and found it to be the sunroof and to go to the dealer....A big Chrysler dealer called me, I poured water on it and it started running in at a good rate. I pulled off the two interior pillars and the visors and visor clips, saw a terrible short cut, lick and stick method had been used...I could clearly see the big urethane skip. I charged my standard diagnosis fee of $80.00 and left telling the dealer what I had found. Next day, I get a call back it is not the windshield as the windshield guy came in and re & re'd it...Customer got his glass guy to go to the dealership... I re tested it this time I had it leaking in 3 spots, again lick and stick/short cut method...now 3 beads of urethane. I charged my diagnosis again and showed the dealer...So Friday comes along...I go back to recheck...this time for free as I said I was helping out the customer who is in the middle of this crap. I walk up to the car, notice the windshield is now 1/2" sticking out above the roof, pull off the pillars, now 4 layers of urethane beads, the windshield is pushing the cowl cover out, as I guess each time they don't remove the cowl cover they just pull it back...there is over 1" of urethane for the bottom bead...I did not check, I just had the dealer sign my waiver that this car is unsafe to drive due to improperly installed windshield and passenger side air bag, they signed. Dealer called the customer, customer wanted glass guy to try one more time, dealer said No come and pick up your car and you have a waiver to sign that the car is unsafe to drive....

Re: TRUE STORY!

If your a LEAKPRO, why didn't you fix it?????

Mickey
If your a LEAKPRO, why didn't you fix it?????

I don't re & re windshields. I leave tat up to others. Even though myself and most of my guys are ICAR, GM, Ford/Carlite and NGA trained and certified we leave it to others who do this everyday. We have a GREAT working relationship with a lot of glass companies, we send them work, they send us work. I/We would NEVER attempt to fix a short cut method installed windshield due to us not wanting a lawsuit when the vehicle is in an accident and the passenger side air bag blows out the windshield or does not function due to the windshield...I like to sleep at night.

Sounds like you spend most of your time in the bathroom, LEAKAMATURE.

Mickey, Leakpro (r) is a nationally recognized company that specializes in detecting leaks. Water, air, dust ect. The primary customers are dealerships companies whose cars leak from someplace. Whether it's a body seam or glass or sunroof.

I have NOTHING to do with this company BUT your response was childish and immature. Look them up before you cast the first stone.

If you're looking for or expecting maturity and professionalism, you are on the wrong message board. This is the criticize others and whine about life being unfair board.

Board Psychiatrist
If you're looking for or expecting maturity and professionalism, you are on the wrong message board. This is the criticize others and whine about life being unfair board.

Well said U Slavelite Drone

Mickey
Sounds like you spend most of your time in the bathroom, LEAKAMATURE.

I wish you the best!

If you are a LEAKPRO and don't repair anything , why would anybody pay for your so called services? Sounds like a load of BS.

It sounds like an important service to me. Leaks can be next to impossible to find, and everyone assumes if there's a leak it must be the windshield. We've had cases over the years where the culprit was a bad seam seal, roof racks, sun visors, etc. the hardest part is getting the customer to agree.

We had a customer come back two years after we replaced the back lite in his GMC pickup. He claimed it had just started leaking. He wanted us to replace it and was torked when we got the hose out to water test it. He was really upset when we showed him it was the brake light on the back of the cab that was letting water pour in. Instead of letting us fix it he took off in a huff.

So you figured it out all by your self. Why didn't you call the LEAKNERD and pay it it's usual fee?

If they provide their service in my area I'm sure it would be more cost effective to hire them. We could have done a couple of replacements in the time it took to deal with the backlite. And maybe the customer would have been more reasonable. I think Leak Pro has a niche market and hats off to them for coming up with a great idea.

MICKEY
If you are a LEAKPRO and don't repair anything , why would anybody pay for your so called services? Sounds like a load of BS.

Hi Mickey...We Fix THOUSANDS of leaks every year with myself and my 26 trucks on the road. We are approved by FORD, GM, CHRYSLER, HONDA, MAZDA, TOYOTA, BENTLY, FERRARI...the list goes on. We don't fix poor installed windshields. That is my point. I have been called upon by a lot of glass installers with questions from all over the US and Canada. I have always helped out, NEVER criticized or put them down. I posted this true story to show you professionals out there how many amateurs there are still out there risking the lives of people and giving professional glass installers such as your self a bad name.

If you have a problem with me call me or email me 888.532.5349 or john@leakpro.com

Smiley
If they provide their service in my area I'm sure it would be more cost effective to hire them. We could have done a couple of replacements in the time it took to deal with the backlite. And maybe the customer would have been more reasonable. I think Leak Pro has a niche market and hats off to them for coming up with a great idea.

Thank you...we are expanding through the US and a HUGE company is looking at taking us over....I will keep you posted, in the meantime if you have any questions don't hesitate to call me!

If you have to justify your existence and let us all know how important you are you aren't worth bull squat. Come on who are you kidding? Sounds like your kidding your selves.

LEAKPRO
Smiley

Thank you...we are expanding through the US and a HUGE company is looking at taking us over....I will keep you posted, in the meantime if you have any questions don't hesitate to call me!

GREAT IDEA! I FOR ONE, AM GLAD THAT THERE IS A COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY WANTS TO DIAGNOSE THE TRUE REASON FOR THE PROBLEM AND NOT JUST ASSIGN BLAME TO THE LAST PERSON THAT WORKED ON THE VEHICLE. BRAVO! AS THAT COMPANY I WOULD NOT WANT TO ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR A GLASS HARVESTERS AWFUL AND UNSAFE WORK EITHER. THE PROBLEM WITH THE AGRR INDUSTRY IS IT HAS BEEN OVER RUN BY STREET WALKING, CAR WASH THUGS AND TELLE MARKET IDIOTS THAT USE THE MOST FLY BY NIGHT "INSTALLERS" AVAILABLE. THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL CHANGE IS BY CUSTOMER EDUCATION FROM THE GROUND UP AND A STAND AGAINST THE HACK AND SLASH SHOPS YOU HAVE IN YOU AREA. THAT WONT HAPPEN BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY A FEW STAND UP ETHICAL COMPANIES LEFT. GOOD LUCK AGRR SHOPS, YOU HAVE TUCKED YOUR TAIL AND RUN FROM THE FRAUDULENT HARVESTERS AND NOW ARE REAPING THE SPOILS.

A TRUE GLASS MAN
LEAKPRO
Smiley

GREAT IDEA! I FOR ONE, AM GLAD THAT THERE IS A COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY WANTS TO DIAGNOSE THE TRUE REASON FOR THE PROBLEM AND NOT JUST ASSIGN BLAME TO THE LAST PERSON THAT WORKED ON THE VEHICLE. BRAVO! AS THAT COMPANY I WOULD NOT WANT TO ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR A GLASS HARVESTERS AWFUL AND UNSAFE WORK EITHER. THE PROBLEM WITH THE AGRR INDUSTRY IS IT HAS BEEN OVER RUN BY STREET WALKING, CAR WASH THUGS AND TELLE MARKET IDIOTS THAT USE THE MOST FLY BY NIGHT "INSTALLERS" AVAILABLE. THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL CHANGE IS BY CUSTOMER EDUCATION FROM THE GROUND UP AND A STAND AGAINST THE HACK AND SLASH SHOPS YOU HAVE IN YOU AREA. THAT WONT HAPPEN BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY A FEW STAND UP ETHICAL COMPANIES LEFT. GOOD LUCK AGRR SHOPS, YOU HAVE TUCKED YOUR TAIL AND RUN FROM THE FRAUDULENT HARVESTERS AND NOW ARE REAPING THE SPOILS.

You are 100% correct, did you catch the Blog by Bob Bernanke about this issue of fixing someone's else water leaks? GREAT reading and a lot of valuable points he made. He is one guy who gets it!

Thank you, i will look at that from Bob.

http://www.leak-pro.com/

I didn't realize how important these people think they are. This is BS on the highest level. Please give them all of your money and bend over when they take it.

MICKEY
http://www.leak-pro.com/

What us your problem? Get the right company www.leakpro.com...the dash is another company that does foundation leaks. I would love to see some of your work!

Mickey is either a hack or a dunce. Or both.
No details for him!

I am the worst hack/dunce you could ever think of, also the top stuffer of all time. When you and the LEAKER posted your comments I almost cried you are so correct. Why are you two so mean? I think because of your and LEAKERS comments I'll commit suicide now.

Thank you Mickey!
The truth shall set you free

Oh FYI: http://www.leakpro.com/services/water.html

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com