AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RUST VIDEO GLASSBYTES

Did anybody watch the video the guy doesn't remove cowl panel on a dw1549...Dam good installer NOT....

Re: RUST VIDEO GLASSBYTES

Not sayin thats not the case here. But some technicians take the cowl off after the windshield is removed. This way it does not jump onto the hood and fenders when cutting the bottom. And some cowls are easier to remove after the glass is out.

Primer scratches are essential. But not causing scratches in the 1st place is even better...... Always choose the rite tools for the job.... And MASTER those tools that you do choose

So many scratches are avoidable if you use skill and take a reasonable amount of time. I've watched too many guys hack and slash. It's a shame.

DRGLASS
Did anybody watch the video the guy doesn't remove cowl panel on a dw1549...Dam good installer NOT....

What a dumb ass, and you with think that the auto glass safety council would say hey can we see what we are going to be commenting on?

I wonder if rapid glass which I think is the name of this shop is a member.

I ALWAYS PRIME hell I might prime to much...

Auto Glass Safety Counsel?

How about - Just Make Stuff Up And Wing It?

Credibility just went to zero.

I was in contact with the reporter, who had been given a lot of what I would consider misinformation by a local non-AGSC registered company. The video used was of an installation not done by an AGSC shop and we were not privy to it. Sometimes on these things, you face a Hobson's choice. Do we not comment at all and let misinformation go forward or do we attempt to get as much correct info in there as possible, which is what we did. The important point to me is that the video ends with the recommendation that consumers visit safewindshields.org to find a quality shop.

And promoting yourself through yourself is just creative marketing or the double edged sword Deb?

Hmmm.... A company that advocates safe auto glass replacements and priming scratches to avoid rust and doesn't take the cowl off???? Who does your proofing before publication????

I know from watching the video that he probably just slides it in because you would take the cowl off before you would prime up the rust and scratches. Proof also is that he has the wipers propped up. DW1549's wipers version don't fold completely over

XS some do, only in a few years, i know this from doing repairs i always wiper up because i have slopped resin on a wiper before :)

Deb Levy
I was in contact with the reporter, who had been given a lot of what I would consider misinformation by a local non-AGSC registered company. The video used was of an installation not done by an AGSC shop and we were not privy to it. Sometimes on these things, you face a Hobson's choice. Do we not comment at all and let misinformation go forward or do we attempt to get as much correct info in there as possible, which is what we did. The important point to me is that the video ends with the recommendation that consumers visit safewindshields.org to find a quality shop.

Also that was not a shot at you. I forget that you are involved with them.

Larry
XS some do, only in a few years, i know this from doing repairs i always wiper up because i have slopped resin on a wiper before :)

I haven't run into one yet.... Not sayin it doesn't exist. Id just never seen it yet

Well my post is gone and my ip is blocked. Obviously I didn't see the line in the sand, again.

Hell have you ever seen a F250 POWER SLIDER??? one in a gasket? It's a friggin unicorn but it does exist :)

Larry
Hell have you ever seen a F250 POWER SLIDER??? one in a gasket? It's a friggin unicorn but it does exist :)

LOL.. Ive done about 7 of those already......

Rick Nelson
Well my post is gone and my ip is blocked. Obviously I didn't see the line in the sand, again.

You need to OPEN your eyes more Slick Rick.....lol....

i agree with this but there is a much deeper problem! We have so many harvesters in our state that it has brought our industries reputation to its knees! these people lie and replace glass that should be repaired or have no structural damage and never should have the original factory seal broken. i am saddened to see that there are no glass people that understand that the people at the gas station or car wash are not qualified to diagnose any damage to a windshield and have ruined this industry for the true glass tech.Do any of you agree with me?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com