AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Customer is buying glass from ebay for less and picking up glass from ppg ?

Today I lost a customer because my price was too high customer told me he can get the glass for $149 Db11849gty
I Told him it can't be new he Tells me yes it is so I go on ebay and he was telling the truth glass was 40% less than why I pay for it and the ebay account has pick up only and lists all of ppg's adresses in the country !
So if this customer is paying 149 how much is this ebay seller getting it for ? I will not purchase from ppg anymore !!

Re: Customer is buying glass from ebay for less and picking up glass from ppg ?

Here is the listing
And click on the sellers name and look at his past transactions and you will see that he sells a lot of glass !!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291020609147

Oh by the way it's a carlite db11849gty that's for 149

I have had this happen to me also, the strange part is, they paid with a credit card, right to a PGW account. Does this mean they are collecting for the part , and then paying the supposed reseller? or are they the one advertising on Ebay?

In addition to the concerns mentioned above, I'd like to add another question.

If this isn't PPG, how can the seller use the NAGS numbers in the listings without paying for a license? Or are they?

I mean, c'mon, if they're not, why are we? I can't help but ask that obvious question.

JMHNLO

Since when does anyone have to buy some license for "USING" a NAGS number? Mark1, you need to get a life.

Hate to break it to you, but this happens with all of the suppliers, not just PPG.
Just read these forums.
JMGDHO

WTF.......... Guess Im gonna use E-Bay now...........

all you can control, is where you buy your glass,and that is where you have a choice,they will never stop not caring about you or your business,so do what makes you feel better,and just use them when you have to! they have had this deal going for quite a while,the guy that talked them into this,pretty smart,but also cares nothing for the industry. don't worry yourself sick over it,plenty of people will still come to you for the complete job.

Lew in Mass
Since when does anyone have to buy some license for "USING" a NAGS number? Mark1, you need to get a life.

yes you do have to pay a fee to use the number commercially. Well you are supposed to.

Alliance auto glass
Today I lost a customer because my price was too high customer told me he can get the glass for $149 Db11849gty
I Told him it can't be new he Tells me yes it is so I go on ebay and he was telling the truth glass was 40% less than why I pay for it and the ebay account has pick up only and lists all of ppg's adresses in the country !
So if this customer is paying 149 how much is this ebay seller getting it for ? I will not purchase from ppg anymore !!

Just think they paid Ebay fee's on this!! way cheaper than I can buy this also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2011-2014-FORD-MUSTANG-2-DOOR-COUPE-HEATED-BACK-GLASS-DB11849GTY-/291020609147?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2014%7CModel%3AMustang&hash=item43c22e167b&vxp=mtr

In So Cal The only glass I can get is from quick response PWG back east. It's more than the price the e-bayer wants. Lets all order one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer is having us install the glass he's purchasing he will give me the receipt and let's see who's really involved ,,
I spoke to jessy he's the new ASM for PGW northeast and he claims this is the first time he heard of this ,,

this has been going on for at least 2 years that i know,tell Jessie to shake the cob-web's out of his head!

Alliance auto glass
Here is the listing
And click on the sellers name and look at his past transactions and you will see that he sells a lot of glass !!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291020609147

80 more than he told you on that site, see what his invoice is for.
Ooops...

Just figure the loss you take from not selling the glass, add that to your price to install their glass, and also take off lifetime guarantee. Done. All is right with the world and you don't have the paperwork shuffle of buying and paying for the glass.

And if they ask why your labor price changed when you found out they are supplying their own glass, then tell them the truth, because you need to recoup the loss you took not selling them the glass.

Then when "the guy" down the street puts it in for him for like 30 bucks, and he hacks it up and trashes his car, he'll think twice about whether he really "saved" any money.

Of course he may not even live to learn the lesson. Bummer for him.

The price was changed to 229 after I made a complaint to PGW it was originally 149 and that's what the customer paid for it ,,,

Steve-thanks for the insight on this-your right this is alot of baloney-things are bad enough in Boston-competitiveness-and the Northeast without this malarchy. Appreciate your communication on this!!

Jimminy Cricket
Steve-thanks for the insight on this-your right this is alot of baloney-things are bad enough in Boston-competitiveness-and the Northeast without this malarchy. Appreciate your communication on this!!

Who are you responding to?
Ooops...

Mr. Ooops,
Our friends in the Northeast know-if you don't-forgetaboutit.

Alliance
Customer is having us install the glass he's purchasing he will give me the receipt and let's see who's really involved ,,
I spoke to jessy he's the new ASM for PGW northeast and he claims this is the first time he heard of this ,,
Rrriiighhtt.

Any of you who have not asked a supplier to "price match" have a right to complain.

Well I never have any luck with price matching, mainly because so many people have abused it over the years, hell maybe even me :) But what are you going to do especially in my town where there is only 2 places Mygrant & Safelite. When you need it and you need it now & Safelite is right in town and mygrant does not stock it what in the heck do you do? I offer the customer the option of waiting and saving the money OR pay the upcharge of the other distributor... One of the disadvantages of living in my part of the state.

I ASKED PPG TO MATCH THE PRICE BUT THEY SAID THERE IS NO WAY THEY COULD MATCH THAT PRICE ..
The funny thing is the ebay account that sold my customer the back glass sold more than 1 piece so if the price was a mistake wouldn't they have corrected it the first time ?

I ASKED PPG TO MATCH THE PRICE BUT THEY SAID THERE IS NO WAY THEY COULD MATCH THAT PRICE ..
The funny thing is the ebay account that sold my customer the back glass sold more than 1 piece so if the price was a mistake wouldn't they have corrected it the first time ?

Sometimes PGW will have super low pricing on various parts. Could have been a comp glitch.

For Heavens Sake-if you haven't all learned by now PGW and all of the other distributors are going to do their job-SELL GLASS-give em a break will ya. Most are trying to find ways to sell over stock parts or dead parts instead of having to destroy them. Or they are responding to other internet selling tactics. You can't blame them-they are in the business to sell glass!!

So if a consumer can order the CORRECT part on the internet, why is it that installers so often order the wrong part because their stupid customer gave them the wrong information? Will these distributors allow the consumer to order 3 parts, see which one fits, and return the rest? And just how do these consumers know which part to order? Do they call from their pick-up on a cell phone and ask the csr? Then they order the clear and the tint? Do you really think eBay is a threat to your business? If it is, you add no value to the supply chain.Offer to pay with PayPal before delivery and see if that will get you a better price.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com