AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
MICROFIBER TOWEL

Ok I haven't been on in a while, who on here use's a microfiber towel to clean and prep there glass, instead of using paper towels? I was sold on the idea from one of the wholesalers and it's not a bad idea, just looking for some input on this. They said you can wash the towels up to 300 time a piece, six come to a pack, Now this should save on waste, and they seam to clean better than a paper towel, ( I tried it out on my van first ) no streaks, no lint.

Re: MICROFIBER TOWEL

I would be concerned about contamination. Guess your used to things that are packaged in units of 6"Beer". But being a tailgate hack like yourself, contamination is not a concern..........

figured you would get that response sooner or later.
we use surgical towels, just don't let messy marvin get
caulking on them, then we thrown them away.

i would be concerned with the potential contamination of re using a micro fiber towel. in order to wash it and remove dirt and grime you need some sort of soap/detergent. not enough dirt stays in, too much and you get soap transfer on the windshield.

This is the reason why I posted this, so I can get some insight, XS yes I thought about cross contamination. I was wondering if anyone used them, so far I only used one to clean up the outside of the glass, They seem to work nice. Also I do like beer but a 6 pack isn't enough I buy the 24 pack, now that's a happy pack of beer for the night.

Now seriously I will try them out from start to finish and see how they hold up.

I see no problem using them for the outside of the glass. Doesn't matter there....

Ok so I tried these towels yesterday, I gotta say not to bad. I used a total of 3 for the whole day one to clean the frit after wet scrub, one to clean the inside of glass completely, and one to clean outside of glass. I had to use regular paper towels also, but I only used 4 to 5 towels at the most for the entire day

We use the Dow mandated method on the oinside. On the outside we use a microfiber towell with sprayway. It saves a few bucks over time.

D A N M YANKEE
Ok so I tried these towels yesterday, I gotta say not to bad. I used a total of 3 for the whole day one to clean the frit after wet scrub, one to clean the inside of glass completely, and one to clean outside of glass. I had to use regular paper towels also, but I only used 4 to 5 towels at the most for the entire day

Have you tried to use the microfiber towels to wipe your AZZ after you take a dump yet????.............lol

xs
D A N M YANKEE

Have you tried to use the microfiber towels to wipe your AZZ after you take a dump yet????.............lol

How about re-using it for a week!!
Ooops...

Anything good enough for my azz, is good enough for your windshield.

I use towels to wipe the car down, before the windshield is removed, when it is wet. Other than that I only use Dry Wipes. I never have been a fan of washing the windshield with reusable towels, and was told if you do, never use fabric softener, etc. I know Mygrant uses these to wash the windshield at the distribution level.

Larry yes I understand what you mean, I hand wash them over the weekend and just used a small amount of dish soap, So we shall see how this goes this morning. If I don't like the way they are cleaning its back to the paper towels in a box, and I'll just use them for the outside cleaning.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com